LegacyGT.com

My second track event! street of willow (CW)

oh man, i am so happy right now! i went to the track and had a blast!

so, my car has basic bolt ons... nothing super crazy... it has been over 3 years since i have been to the track and almost 4 years owning this car. been so happy with it and enjoying the build.

please keep in mind my car has almost 240k on the odometer and kinda held back and only went like 85% full speed. i love my car and don't wanna tow it home... : )

pros:

sti brembo brakes with centric ceramic pads (no sti booster) worked amazing! never faded for me, modulation was amazing, i can lock the tires if i wanted, and it was there when i needed it.

hankook evo2 tires are much better on the track then the continental dws, DUH~

06 sti transmission worked well and i didn't have any weird issues

my setup is almost perfect for me. controllable and stable.

cons:

i would like to change my tires to hankook rs3 next, my abs kicked in often so i know my tires are limiting my times.

i wish i could have like 500 more rpm, it would allow me not to shift as often on this track.

i wish i had more cameras to play with more camera positions. i love seeing me driving, but hate the center rear view mirror blocking the main view out the windshield. may be if i had 2 cameras i can shoot one out and one at me? i dunno, still need to experiment with my preferred camera position.

i uploaded like 2 runs of my track day for you guys to check out. raw footage. enjoy! also added pics of my new tires all abused... some of it melted on to the fender, edges were are nibbled off. just so funny to see.

my best time was 1.37s, 2 seconds better then my first track day.

i am not sure why, but after getting home and looking at the video, it looks so slow and smoother? i remember sliding around alot, tail wanting to step out, 4 wheel brake drifting, and all those crazy heart beat skipping moments. : )

20161008_141127.thumb.jpg.01aa4ec47353c1154d8b0af976b6aa49.jpg

20161008_172925.thumb.jpg.e5220d0dcdfb2d74faed3a122425db61.jpg

20161009_173934.thumb.jpg.75dac5f8e4776aff1fecee7138a3ba23.jpg

my engine itself is stock.

i have bolt ons like...

aem cold air, perrin inlet, vf48 PnP on both sides, arc bov, samco bov bypass hose, mishimoto 3 row radiator, fmic, grimspeed light weight crank, AOS, ebcs, equal length header, perrin small up, catted divorced down, exedy stage 1 clutch pack with 6mt lightweight fly, dw 750cc, dw 65c fuel pump, and mild 16psi tune.

just the basics? has been great and reliable. i bought the car at 160k and it still feels strong. but in my head i am already planning my next block. i want to just get a stock sti block and somehow get sti head hardware so i can raise my rpm limit. i would be super happy with it. the car isn't blinding fast, just peppy enough to have fun and get away from bad drivers...

i think i do, i just don't wanna hassle with it. new injectors... new tune... this tune i have now took a few sessions to get it the way i want it.

my car is setup really well, i get almost 32mpg going to vegas @70mph... you know... it is one of those things where it is so good...i dont wanna mess it up by being greedy.

i do travel alot to vegas and sf... so easy fueling is a priority...

Archived