LegacyGT.com

97 Legacy outback

Hello guys just got my first Subaru. It has a little under 76000 miles 97 Legacy Outback with a 2.5 I'm going to do a tune-up does anybody have a specific plug that we running in these? And any other suggestions while I'm doing the tune up air cleaners new.

Thanks

Scott

Hi,

yours is a 2nd Generation Legacy -'95-'99 (1st Gen outback so that may be the confusion)...even more confusing is this site uses the JDM generations - not the USDM - (JDM 2nd Gen are '94-98) .

ONLY use NGK plugs and wires. Plug model is in the Owner's Manual and/or on the underside of the hood, I think.

I hope you have a a good selection of tools as plugs are pain on the DOHC EJ25D.

Also, you may be past due for the timing belt/waterpump/pullies/tensioner, which is due @ 105K OR 10 years.

I'm jealous of that low mileage....but remember, head gaskets can blow based on time - not only mileage, so watch for the symptoms for INTERNAL leaking head gaskets- coverered ON EVERY SUBARU forum.

There are other maintenance things to do if you didn't get a history from the previous owner (PO)...keeping looking online.

GL,

TD

Archived