LegacyGT.com

Nexus 7 Tablet Install for Dummies (Guide)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, I think it depends on what you plan to use it for. I am planning to limit the use of the Nexus 7 to more some GPS and BtSsm logging. I bought a pretty decent Pioneer HU recently that takes 2/3 camera inputs and play music off a flash drive.

Agree. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" (SM-T713) running LineageOS 16 or 17 in my Accord and just bought one for my LGT now that it's back up and running. Far superior to the Nexus 7. Only issue is the sizing of the screen. It would benefit from the `wm overscan` technique of adjusting the screen size, but unfortunately for later versions of Android (6+), the `wm overscan` method of shrinking the screen real estate causes double-padding for many apps, and `wm size` does not allow for off-center re-sizing (so you lose a LOT more screen real estate than you'd want). For the tablet in my Accord, this is no big deal, but in the LGT, the resizing causes serious real estate loss. Haven't figured out a good solution for this yet. Edited by solidxsnake

• 1 year later...
Agree. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" (SM-T713) running LineageOS 16 or 17 in my Accord and just bought one for my LGT now that it's back up and running. Far superior to the Nexus 7. Only issue is the sizing of the screen. It would benefit from the `wm overscan` technique of adjusting the screen size, but unfortunately for later versions of Android (6+), the `wm overscan` method of shrinking the screen real estate causes double-padding for many apps, and `wm size` does not allow for off-center re-sizing (so you lose a LOT more screen real estate than you'd want). For the tablet in my Accord, this is no big deal, but in the LGT, the resizing causes serious real estate loss. Haven't figured out a good solution for this yet.

Any chance you could share the lineage OS program you are running? I am about to pull the trigger on the JDM HVAC kit and would like to install a more modern 7” tablet like the Galaxy Tab A7. I’m no tech guy and there is no timur’s kernel for non nexus devices.

• 2 weeks later...
What is everybody using for a front end today? Looking at Nova Launcher.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)