LegacyGT.com

Auto Dimming Mirror

finalboss26

Hello forum members,

My 2016 Legacy Limited came with the auto dimming rear view mirror, as well as the auto dimming side mirrors.

Are there ways to control the darkness? I feel that the side mirrors aren't dark enough to cover all of the lights coming from behind. Also, I noticed that they aren't alway on. Sometimes, it takes a while after starting the car for them to dim. Interesting because they seem to work perfectly on highways, but not on local roads....

The side dimming mirrors are controlled by the rear view mirror. If the rear view mirror is not dimming, then the side mirrors will not be dimming either.

You can not control the degree of darkness.

---

^+1

There is a sensor in the front and rear of the mirror. The front sensor measures ambient light. The rear measures the light intensity from traffic. The two are compared and that's how the dimming is determined, AFAIK. As stated above, you can't control the dimming level.

• 2 months later...
if your rear window is tinted this mess with the way the work an the response time on how fast they darken i have learn that when a car is behind me in my 2017 3.6r i have a rear tinted window i hit the mirror defrost button and they seem to darken right up i know this is a weird fix but works for me ihope

Archived