5EAT Pride! V2

SBT

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the Group N motor and pitch stop on mine. some serious NVH transferred to the passenger compartment, especially when the engine is cold.

Having diff bushing inserts and diff outrigger bushings being put in at the moment. I'm interesting to see how that makes the driveline feel.

I can't recommend bushings for a daily driver, unless you're pushing enough power to squish the stock ones. I have the Rallitek blue insert in my trans mount and tend to regret it when it gets cooler outside. According to Rallitek, they developed their inserts as a response to the engine pushing 400hp and squishing the stocker. I'm nowhere near close to that. Unless you want to feel vibrations in the dash, console and floorboard, and hear the engine, don't do it.

whiteline front bushings everywhere rear diff lockdown bushings, rallitek trans insert race spec, group N motor mounts and torque solutions pitch stop. car has NVH but feels rock solid, nothing I wouldn't do again

Has anyone ever drilled out the Rallitek mount to make it softer? I have one ready to go on next week, and I'm worried about the NHV. Have group N mounts on the motor already, but you can tell the back of the tranny is wagging around.

• 2 weeks later...

Two observations:

The "soft" Rallitek mount seriously increases NHV. Even with the sides drilled partially. When accelerating like you would in traffic it makes the whole inside of the car shake and rattle bad.

The Transgo shift kit plus increasing calculated torque by 1.2x = THIS IS HOW THIS THING SHOULD HAVE SHIFTED FROM THE FACTORY! The shiftkit alone didn't fully fix things, it still had a lot of lag. Adding the CT tables into the mix and this thing feels like a DCG.

Are you Cobb or OpenSource? If the latter, there are at least three tuners on here that will work with you and have experience with the calculated torque stuff. The 1.2x thing I mention is just an easy scaling that dosen't hit the limits until I get a change to play with it in detail. The pro tuners reach have their own "method" that they have done a lot of R&D to develop. For the best driveability you'd want to match the table to the actual crank power output, but based on how the tables are laid out in the TCU there may be better ways to do it for performance.

• 6 months later...
I'll finally post up, 2005 LGT with 143k miles. I bought it with a blown motor at 120k, and dropped a BNR 18g running 18-19 psi peak, upgraded TMIC, fueling etc. Switched to E85 last year and this week i lost 5th gear :( Should have done the vb mod a long time ago.

About 9K miles on the VF52 (~97K on the car) with 18psi tuned target. AP says I'm hitting that target, too. Tranny is holding just fine through all 5 gears - no slippage even with aggressive shifts/throttle on highway merging. Driveline mods include cooler, Rallitek soft insert/new tranny mount & WL rear diff inserts. I wish there was more that could be done to speed up/bolster our 08/09 5EATs.

Joined the ranks of the 5EAT Army a few months ago with a 05 OBXT 124K.

Go fast bits waiting to go on:

VF52 Turbo

Cobb catted downpipe

Gruppe-s headers

STI UP

Torx Perfromance TMIC

I haven't decided which tuner to go with...looking for one who can work their magic on the 5EAT.

There has been success with tuning the TCM rather than performing physical upgrades to the valve body on the 08-09 5EAT. While no upgraded VB yet exists (and might not ever) for the 08-09, the tuning functions seem to do the trick.

Is this along the lines of "keeping the torque at shift-points down" (per BrenTuning during my e-tune) or more in-depth than that?

It's more "tell the TCU how much torque you're ACTUALLY making".

Actually TCU flashing isn't quite here yet, at least in the English speaking world.

There are members on this forum who have been successful with the tuning. They have been working on it for at least 1-2 years in Australia and elsewhere. While I admit it is "new" to the US. There should be some tuners already offering it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading through the entire 5eat pride v1 and wow there is a lot of great info 👍🏼

I have a 05 gt running

Blouch 380xt

GS TMIC

Invidia up

Catted cobb down

Invidia q300 catback

Cobb sf intake

GS ebcs

Stock fueling (for now)

Pro tuned by GST motorsports

Hexmod VB

Truecool cooler (soon to add thermostat)

My 5eat is running great right now and has been stage 3 for 20k (Currently at 100k). although I must admit, I still have an itch for more power which will probably lead me to go with bigger injectors and a e85 tune. I'm not sure how my 5eat will hold that kind of power, but I'm quite certain I will rebuild my 5eat before then. My question is, what are the best rebuild kits available today? Is IPT still the way to go? Are the acme kits still around? I like the info I've read about them but it seems not many people have the acme kits and I haven't seen much posted about them in the past few years. What's the deal?

There has been success with tuning the TCM rather than performing physical upgrades to the valve body on the 08-09 5EAT. While no upgraded VB yet exists (and might not ever) for the 08-09, the tuning functions seem to do the trick.

Does anyone know of any tuners that offer this service? I've never really seen anything about it on these forums. I kind of assumed 08/09's didn't have any shot at 5EAT improvements.

Edit: After a lot more digging and reading I misunderstood that there were TCU tuning improvements available. It sounds more like ECU requested torque and fly by wire adjustments to speed up shifting. My tranny doesn't seem to be slipping but those terribly long upshifts and the car not wanting to downshift from 5th on the highway when going uphill or for gentle passes drives me nuts. If anyone knows of any tuners that have experience improving these factors through ECU tuning I'd like to hear it. I was hoping to go with someone local to RI so I can go the road tune route.

I couldn't care less about dyno numbers at the moment, I'll never compare to a lot of the incredible cars on these forums. I care more how my car drives in everyday conditions.

Edited by ktm200

XRT is not a vendor on the site and is no longer part of this site. Please do not promote these services.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -