LegacyGT.com

Official Spec.B Thread Volume-2

SBT

After 18 months of work, I finally got my specB back on the road!

A brief overview of the work I did entirely by myself (well, my wife held a lot of stuff at various points, lol) in my home workshop:

- Full color change to Subaru M1Y "Crimson Red Metallic" (glass out, door jambs, inside doors, under hood/trunk, etc)

- JDM front and rear end (Rev A-C front w/honeycomb grille and JDM HID headlamps)

- Fiberglass wide body kit

- Air Suspension from Bag Riders

- Built custom 3 piece wheels to fit body kit (18x10.5 -12 / +0) - Rotiform LHR (they were on my WRX wagon before)

- Full undercarriage restoration (stripped to bare metal, resprayed epoxy + undercoat)

- Complete overhaul of front and rear suspension, every nut, bolt and bracket replaced, all aluminum parts vapor blasted, all new bushings

- Complete audio overhaul (total rewire w/14awg, JDM double din, two amps)

- Brand new front and rear glass

Exterior:

pYzKvCEh.jpg

Interior:

YZIpNTbh.jpg

Some time ago I swapped the blue interior to the 08-09 black interior and upholstered all the upper trim myself with black ultrasuede. Black sunvisors are out of a 15+ WRX. Map/Dome lights from a GR STi and I had an upholstery shop make me new shifter and parking brake boots with nappa leather and grey stitching to match the specB seat stitching. I also replaced the very tired steering wheel with a brand new OEM wheel about 6 years ago when I bought the car.

Can't forget an undercarriage shot:

Nh88ZLah.jpg

The car is a 2007 model year and has just shy of 200K miles on it. Over the winter I intend to rebuild the engine and refresh the steering rack and front crossmember, along with any other areas in the front clip that would benefit from some TLC.

Build thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/john-halls-2007-specb-daily-driver-build-259345.html

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

Instagram: @bagriders_john for more Subarus (and also my wife and cat)

After 18 months of work, I finally got my specB back on the road!

A brief overview of the work I did entirely by myself (well, my wife held a lot of stuff at various points, lol) in my home workshop:

- Full color change to Subaru M1Y "Crimson Red Metallic" (glass out, door jambs, inside doors, under hood/trunk, etc)

- JDM front and rear end (Rev A-C front w/honeycomb grille and JDM HID headlamps)

- Fiberglass wide body kit

- Air Suspension from Bag Riders

- Built custom 3 piece wheels to fit body kit (18x10.5 -12 / +0) - Rotiform LHR (they were on my WRX wagon before)

- Full undercarriage restoration (stripped to bare metal, resprayed epoxy + undercoat)

- Complete overhaul of front and rear suspension, every nut, bolt and bracket replaced, all aluminum parts vapor blasted, all new bushings

- Complete audio overhaul (total rewire w/14awg, JDM double din, two amps)

- Brand new front and rear glass

Exterior:

pYzKvCEh.jpg

Interior:

YZIpNTbh.jpg

Some time ago I swapped the blue interior to the 08-09 black interior and upholstered all the upper trim myself with black ultrasuede. Black sunvisors are out of a 15+ WRX. Map/Dome lights from a GR STi and I had an upholstery shop make me new shifter and parking brake boots with nappa leather and grey stitching to match the specB seat stitching. I also replaced the very tired steering wheel with a brand new OEM wheel about 6 years ago when I bought the car.

Can't forget an undercarriage shot:

Nh88ZLah.jpg

The car is a 2007 model year and has just shy of 200K miles on it. Over the winter I intend to rebuild the engine and refresh the steering rack and front crossmember, along with any other areas in the front clip that would benefit from some TLC.

Build thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/john-halls-2007-specb-daily-driver-build-259345.html

Wow!! Beautiful!!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

'07 spec B w/3" Cobb catted down pipe, Magnaflow 3" stainless exhaust and 93 oct Stage 2 map.

My 300hp of all-wheel-drive GRINNIN! 😆

IMG_0836.JPG

Edited by Bigpaw
  • Like 1