LegacyGT.com

💡 [NEW] Xtreme LED Headlight & Fog Light Kits 💡

XenonDepot

@05RedGTWagon - If your vehicle uses the low beam bulb as a DRL (daytime running light) bulb, then you would need to get the canbus module. If your vehicle has a dust cover on the back of the headlight then you would most likely need to drill a hole in that cover. Both our LED and HID kits will come with a rubber grommet that will enable you to reseal the housing.

@drunkinmonk - If your low beam is used as a DRL then you would need to purchase the canbus module.

The canbus module basically modulates the power going to the LED driver or HID ballast, and ensures that it sees a stable 12V.

Steve

Which is it? those are two contradictory statements. My package came in the mail today. You made me purchase the CANbus units in vain? I also drive an 05 LGT withe low beam DRL.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shello007 - If you plan on installing this kit in an application that is used as a DRL without the module then the lights will flicker extremely fast when in DRL mode (which makes it appear that the bulb is actually operating dimmer, but really it's flickering extremely fast). The PWM / Canbus ensures that the light does not flicker in DRL mode and the LED bulb functions at regular intensity with out any flicker in DRL mode -- basically the light can only function at one intensity with no flicker.

Steve

Archived