Kalien32's 05 White Wagon...

Kalien32

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is it a hoodscoop?

Nah... I like the stock scoop best...

I'd say what it is, but I think gunnar is keeping his a secret.. so I don't want to out him...

Edited by Kalien32

Liberal wing?

Now that the links are fixed, I guess not...

Guess Gunnar posted something about the part. So the cat is out of the bag. I can talk about it now..

Madrig has been working on a new spoiler for the wagons. Longer than OEM. But shorter than Liberal. Also has better fitment.

I want one in blue carbon. I'll paint it, but leave the edge exposed carbon. Much like the M3 guys do, with their carbon trunks.

ISVSa0Z.jpg

Ov0fQbU.jpg

UvC4KO1.jpg

Edited by Kalien32

Looks sick. Funny, too, cause I was just looking at the Liberal wing last night. Seems it's newly stocked at a certain jdm website. Having seen Gunnar's in person, I did have some doubts about the fitment as you mentioned was addressed in this carbon design. Wondering what these one-offs might cost a forum member? Is it a limited production run? 3 of 3? Keep up the inspiring work.

Looks sick. Funny, too, cause I was just looking at the Liberal wing last night. Seems it's newly stocked at a certain jdm website. Having seen Gunnar's in person, I did have some doubts about the fitment as you mentioned was addressed in this carbon design. Wondering what these one-offs might cost a forum member? Is it a limited production run? 3 of 3? Keep up the inspiring work.

Intrigued. :munch:

Madrig can clarify...

But my understanding is that he'll be making a limited run of the spoiler. Offered in fiberglass, and carbon.

Glass will obviously be cheaper than carbon..

But madrig will have to provide price info... he's a busy guy, so I'm not trying to build too much hype, and get a.bunch of people contacting him.

He'll let us know when he has a set plan.

Edited by Kalien32

Ditch the strakes. That spoiler is hot af. The RBP wagon might need one.

I'll keep them on for a coupleweeks. But I'm pretty sure they will be coming off.

Some angles look great. Others, not so much.

That line then runs under the dash to where you find this plug...

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u542/Kalien32/Mobile%20Uploads/20170328_124945_zpsjwm8eqlw.jpg

:spin: Where the hell is this connector?!? I spent an hour looking for it earlier today. Did you remove the fuse box to get to it?

EDIT: well, not the answer I wanted: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/mythical-2005-op-connector-system-94474.html

Have you considered one of these Damd steering wheels to go along with your blue carbon theme?

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/car-parts-shop-mm/n56613.html?sc_i=shp_pc_search_itemlist_shsrg_img

Edited by WRX USA

Hey.. I found it tucked behind the fuse box... the picture I posted is as far as I could pull it out. I literally laid on my back. And had my head by the pedals to see it. I should also note that I had my seats taken out, and could lay down in the car.

But yes. It's only on 05s..

If you are doing the cupholders, or some other lighting mod, there are other places you can pull the power from...

I have looked at the damd wheel. I'll be getting the D-shaped wheel, with blue stitching. No carbon.

Talking with a guy who had a carbon one, he said the carbon quality was poor, and made the wheel look cheap.

So ill stick with the full leather, and blue stitching.

As you all know, I had gotten an extra black carbon rear trim piece...

I'm planning on picking up a new set of wheels soon. They will be a gunmetal finish. Or some other dark color.

So I decided to keep my black trim, to use when I have dark wheels on the car. You know... To swap the accents over to something that all works together.

So. Since I know I'll be removing the blue, with chrome, rear badge; it seem logical that I would need to remove the chrome front grill, and badge.

I found an S402 grill on japan auctions.. (s402 grill has a frame that's painted OBP.)

To my disappointment, the grill showed up with a cheap, flat black paintjob...

zpFKY9Y.jpg

PVg9NJF.jpg

Edited by Kalien32

Took the grill apart and had the frame painted BMW Carbon Black. It's a pearl black color, that shines blue, in direct light..

I also have a matching black carbon front badge, to pull the whole thing together...

Now I just need to find a nice set of dark wheels.

F4WC5RX.jpg

Urdw2re.jpg

kP4rKOJ.jpg

u8CExI3.jpg

Edited by Kalien32

Hey! I know a guy that just got a set of gunmetal wheels and will have a spare set of gunmetal wheels soon that I'm sure he'll let you test fit ;)

I want to test fit your carbon black grille on my car to see how it looks.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Madrig can clarify...

But my understanding is that he'll be making a limited run of the spoiler. Offered in fiberglass, and carbon.

Glass will obviously be cheaper than carbon..

But madrig will have to provide price info... he's a busy guy, so I'm not trying to build too much hype, and get a.bunch of people contacting him.

He'll let us know when he has a set plan.

this spoiler was developed by the motivation of member Magnusonsubie to offer better products to the LGT communoty .

this can be view as a prototype , Magnusonsubie will have to approve design and fitment , if not satisfactory modification will be made . so understant is a long process before production .

trust me i will be more than happy to work full time on this kind of projects for the LGT but for now this can not be my reality.