LegacyGT.com

Kalien32's 05 White Wagon...

Kalien32

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedals from 2008-current STI.

http://parts.boisesubaru.com/p/Subaru_2011_Impreza/Metal-Pedal-Pad-Set-MT-STI/49924596/C8110FG010.html?partner=googlebase_adwords&kwd=&origin=pla

WRX dead pedal.

http://www.fastwrx.com/products/oem-style-dead-pedal

I'd highly recommend doing some prep work on all the rubber bits before install.

The Dots on the dead pedal like to come off. So I made sure to secure them down extra good.

I popped them all off, drilled holes under them, and used 5 minute epoxy to glue them back down.. purpose of drilling the holes is to give the glue something to grab on to.

And for the sti pedals, I used the epoxy to glue the rubber to the back of the pedals.. the clutch and brake are direct fits. But the gas pedal doesn't technically fit. It's curved, and the rubber backing won't be held in place. So I just glued all rubber in place, before install.

GWaoKFj.jpg

aXlgTXl.jpg

For a long time I had pondered about getting the rear garnish from a facelift jdm wagon. But I wasn't sure how I felt about having the bar across the back.

On one hand I hate the bar. But on the other hand, I love that it moves the reverse/fog light higher, to line up with the chrome in the tail light..

Long story short, Magnuson convinced me that I should get it, after drooling over his....

BAxL8pV.jpg

Xbrb2B8.jpg

This is Magnusons, with carbon crossbar and emblem. The carbon is what pushed me to get it...

8fsH0iO.jpg

There was no way that I wanted a big chrome bar across the back of my car, though.. the reason I pulled the trigger was because of Magnusons carbon cross bar. The guy he got it from had 3 more left, too!!

DLzNezX.jpg

I didn't really want a black bar, either. Even though I love the blue emblem painted on it.

I saw that he had one made with blue carbon. I thought this one would work best, because of the blue pearl in my paint.

But I felt like painting a black subaru emblem, over blue carbon, wouldn't work as well as the blue on black, from the other peice.

So I ended up buying the blue one AND a black one. But I had him leave the blue one blank because I had a plan. But I needed the black one, just in case I screwed things up with the blue.

1mwfHkr.jpg

kX5xJ4n.jpg

GgHgsUF.jpg

My front emblem still has the stock chrome ring and stars, over blue background. I wanted to keep this theme consistent on the back of the car.

I racked my brain trying to figure out how I would get a chrome ring, and stars on my blue carbon.

- chroming process for plastics, and composites, doesn't allow for masking. And it requires a bunch of nasty chemicals.

- "chrome" paint never actually looks chrome.

- chrome stickers look tacky, and one dimensional.

Started experimenting with some extra emblems, for my idea...

Needed to strip just the blue, from behind the stars. This is VERY time consuming. Can't let the goof off sit too long, because it will eat at the plastic, and leave a cloudy appearance. Also didn't want to get any on the chrome. Planted myself on the couch and watched a few episodes of TopGear while I slowly rubbed the blue away.

qW5xIK6.jpg

End result! I think this is gonna work!!!! =D

1JNGGXK.jpg

Loving reading this story again. I remembering seeing updates on your car after I picked up my wagon and let's just say it was one of the influencers in what began a long and expensive road of modifications on mine. Seeing your wagon and now Gunnar's reminds me that I need to get my JDM front end on that I've had sitting for nearly a year...

Can't wait to see how the back garnish turns out!

Loving reading this story again. I remembering seeing updates on your car after I picked up my wagon and let's just say it was one of the influencers in what began a long and expensive road of modifications on mine. Seeing your wagon and now Gunnar's reminds me that I need to get my JDM front end on that I've had sitting for nearly a year...

Can't wait to see how the back garnish turns out!

Thanks!!!

You have the spec bbumper,too?!? What are you waiting for? Get that bad boy on there. We can start a JDM wagon line, with all the color options. Haha

I'm at work going through all these pictures. I realized I don't have pictures of my next step. So I'll have to wait till I get home to get some more pictures, and continue the rear garnish story. I wouldn't want to miss one of best steps.

Also..... I ended up with an extra jdm rear garnish. It's cracked, but I'm sure it can be fixed. I'm pretty sure that I won't be using my black carbon cross bar, too. It would look sick with your blue wagon! It's the same as gunnars.

Would you be interested? You can have the garnish super cheap.

LorILkT.jpg

Here's a video my brother made:

https://youtu.be/hpPipU7hZ8U

Keep in mind that this was his tester video. He wanted to try making a video for the 1st time. So we went out, shot the footage, and edited, all in the same day. He keeps getting better and better! We will be making a new video for my car some time soon.

You can check out more of his videos, on his Woyshnis Media youtube channel.

Jm3NiCa.png

Thanks!!!

You have the spec bbumper,too?!? What are you waiting for? Get that bad boy on there. We can start a JDM wagon line, with all the color options. Haha

I'm at work going through all these pictures. I realized I don't have pictures of my next step. So I'll have to wait till I get home to get some more pictures, and continue the rear garnish story. I wouldn't want to miss one of best steps.

Yeah I do! I looked back at when I bought it and I'm embarrassed to say it's been sitting for a year now... The JDM RBP is slightly different than my cars and I was planning to paint the whole front end once I installed it, so the cost had beef the hold up. I just graduated from UW and start work with amazon in January and had planned to do it after that. I'm thinking once I get home from my east coast trip next week I'm going to try and buff and wax it to see if it helps with the slight color difference. I'm dying to install it now.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/40a85ca9ee3a4bca87d9040c4076f9c2.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/8734eddc455ddf2f6660878ca0b464e9.jpg

I'll have to think on the garnish, I have the rev a-c taillight so that would require getting new tail lights too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naw. You don't have to get new tails.. it's not a must. I'll hold on to them, just in case. The black carbon, with blue emblem, would really go nice with your car.

Gunnar wants your grill, so bad!

That's true, I think it looks a little better with the tails though.

Haha I know he does. I had to jump on it when HKC offered it to me.

Now that I know I can clear an emblem, and keep the chrome, it's time to do the unthinkable. I have to hack up my precious JDM goodies... *bites nails*

- Took the chrome trim off the garnish

- removed the emblem

- Cut off the bars on both sides

- cut out the center of the emblem ring

544Qo8B.jpg

StT0T9e.jpg

Smoothed out the edges....

plYKiha.jpg

Now for the really hard part. Took me a while to work up the courage to cut such a beautiful carbon part. Especially because there were only 4 carbon trims made. And this is the only blue one. If I mess this up, there's no 2nd try. I'll be stuck with my backup black carbon. And I really don't want a black bar on the back of my car.

LSB76Fm.png

Zl8s7bD.jpg

fAZQspm.jpg

hWAsPjL.jpg

6kaK1G4.jpg

Archived