LegacyGT.com

Power Robbing using stock exhaust

brum

Yes, I have heard, but never tested, that right around 350 whp is where the stock catback (and intake) start to cause restrictions.

What are you other plans to get to 450 whp? That's a BIG turbo + e85 usually.

350whp is definitely the end of the stock airbox. Plans aren't final yet but I'm thinking longer term. Motor will be good for 500+ but am probably starting with a Dom 1.5xtr on pump with my current fuel setup (stock reg/rails, Id1k's, wally 255)

What mods do you have/getting to get to 450whp? Shoot us a PM and we can discuss everything.

-Brian

This is more of investigatory post than anything. I already have a tuner but thanks for the offer Brian.

If noise is a problem on a daily basis, I would put a cutout at the DP when you actually use all that power.

Then you run into the issue of tuning with and without all that back pressure.

I just prefer quiet cars these days. I don't like getting chewed out waking up the baby/wife at 6am lol.

I've gone through several exhaust itterations with this car stage 2 and with a 20g and holy shit some have been insane. My catless DP 20g with Fujitsubo EL's and invidia q300 wasridiculous.

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking I may go with an aftermarket system and weld in an extra muffler in the midpipe.

Rough setup will be.

Built ej255

Stock heads

Perrin ELH

FMIC

Dom 1.5xtr

ID1k's

Walbro 255

EWG Up

Catless DP

Archived