LegacyGT.com

rear cross member bushings

I am replacing the rear cross member in my 1992 legacy L wagon and am trying to find the bushings that sit on top of the four bolts to the body.

I have found them through the dealership... but for $25-$30 A PIECE?!:confused::eek:

I find this outrageous and am hopeful to find them aftermarket for a lot cheaper. I paid $18 for the cross member at the pull-it yard, how can i pay $120+ for 4 bushings?!

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would truely appreciate it, its the last thing holding me up from getting this thing on the road!

Thanks!

Why can't you use the bushings that are in it?

What are the bushing dimensions?

Have you compared with leaf spring bushings?

Aftermarket poly leaf spring bushings are sold by size as well as application. They're what most people use when they need a custom bushing (e.g. for flatbed mounts or engine swap motor/trans mounts) You may be able to cut down the length of a 2pc poly bushing and use that if you can find one in the right dimensions. IIRC SDtrucksprings has a pretty good table of sizes.

Worst comes to worse you could make some aluminum pucks. The bushings between the sub-frame and tub are for NVH, not suspension movement but they do isolate the tub from a fair bit of shock loading so they should be kept if possible.

Archived