LegacyGT.com

New to me 05 LGT Current Tune questions

BoxerLove

Hello all,

I recently traded my 03 GTI 24v VR6 6 speed for a beautiful GRP 05 Legacy GT 5eat. This is now my 4th legacy. (3 2nd gens, 1 getting ej257/V2 STI RA/6MT swapped currently, 1 97 LGT beater, and 1 99 parts car)

Mods are as follows :

Vf52

Perrin TMIC

Cobb 3 port EBCS

Cobb Intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

Cobb BPV

Invidia Catted DP

3" Ebay Catback

TGV Delete

Cobb AP V3

Being the car is new to me yesterday i did a compression test with (Thank the Lord) Good results. 150,150,147,150. Has 41k On an OEM Subaru Shortblock. Turbo was purchased at the same time.

Im finding some things that are making me scratch my head in the tune. First my DAM is reading .750. Even after resetting the ECU which tells me its set as .750. Seems odd to me. Fine Knock learn stays at 0. No feedback knock ive noticed so far at WOT. Car does not have a wideband but AF Sens 1 Ratio at WOT stays real close to 11. Boost peaks at 18-19 PSI.

Really wishing i could have gotten my hands on AccessTuner Race but i got the car after that was pulled off Cobbs site. Just trying to get some feedback on what im seeing. Im newer to the tuning game but determined and learning fast so i apologize for any "noob" questions or mistakes in terminology. Gotta start somewhere right? :) I think this tune needs some work and appreciate all and any input!

We can take care of you with a custom etune to get everything running right. Have tuned tons of vf52 legacys! (I myself had one its a great combo). Shoot us a pm.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DAM at .75 isn't anything to worry about after an ECU reset... after a couple WOT pulls it should move back up to 1.0. If it doesn't, then you may have a problem. As for the rest, there's plenty of reading material here and on other websites to learn what you need for tuning, etc. I don't think you'll be able to self-tune with an AP until later this year when Cobb re-releases ATR, and even when they do, I don't think they'll even let people download it without paying $150 or so for and taking a "training" course on tuning basics :spin:

If you're more inclined to pay for an e-tune or street/dyno tune, there's plenty of good vendors on the forum that could help you. I can vouch personally for a fantastic experience with Mike @ Tuning Alliance (see above), and I can guarantee your experience with the TA crew will be just as excellent.

DAM at .75 isn't anything to worry about after an ECU reset... after a couple WOT pulls it should move back up to 1.0. If it doesn't, then you may have a problem. As for the rest, there's plenty of reading material here and on other websites to learn what you need for tuning, etc. I don't think you'll be able to self-tune with an AP until later this year when Cobb re-releases ATR, and even when they do, I don't think they'll even let people download it without paying $150 or so for and taking a "training" course on tuning basics :spin:

If you're more inclined to pay for an e-tune or street/dyno tune, there's plenty of good vendors on the forum that could help you. I can vouch personally for a fantastic experience with Mike @ Tuning Alliance (see above), and I can guarantee your experience with the TA crew will be just as excellent.

Yup, $150 for the new "ATR" software which as of a couple days ago should be out in 1-2 weeks. Ill shoot TA a message. My DAM hasn't moved off .750 since i got the car. Which is odd.

Archived