LegacyGT.com

eBay exhaust question

LegUp

So I recently picked up a 06 spec B. The previous owner installed a eBay exhaust(looks like a Manzo, never heard of it). It's a bit obnoxious for me, too much highway drone. I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with these and knows if another company's axle back will bolt up( nameless is the only one I've found so far) at the splitter. I'd prefer not to have to buy a whole system right now.

Yes, and I just realized if the nameless is designed for stock exhaust, it's probably tapered to a smaller diameter to mate with the stock midpipe. Plus the car is tuned for this exhaust, I don't want to mess with that. Maybe have a resonator welded in?

Axel back wont affect tune.

I'd suggest just getting a whole new catback (my favorite for the legacy is the magnaflow). If you decide you want one let us know, we can help you out on pricing for full catbacks. (also tune if you want to make sure everything is ok and running properly)

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Brian. I'm looking for a low cost solution right now. Maybe I'll just live with it. I'm compiling a parts list for turbo/ fueling upgrade and a new cat back is most definitely on that list, but that's a year or so out. I will definitely get a hold of you.

Since I'm going to replace the exhaust system eventually, I think I'm going to cut the cans open and stuff/ wrap them. Debating on fiberglass or steel wool. I can have them welded back closed at work. Any one tried this?

Archived