LegacyGT.com

RR logger disconnecting?

whitrzac

I've have an issue with RR logger disconnecting when logging at high RPM/load.

I went through and cleaned/added ground points to the engine.

I've tried a few different USB cables.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Try logging less parameters. I found that if I log too much with RR, it will disconnect just because. Or freeze.

I had similar/identical issues w/ my AP3 and did some tinkering w/ Romraider and noticed similar behavior. More than half the time it would freeze/disconnect midway through a boosted pull, and it only happened under high boost. I could log all day at cruise or under moderate boost. I tried logging just a couple of parameters but the behavior persisted. Seemed to happen more often in <60F temps, less so in warm summer temps.

Wish I knew what the cause was but the problem went away completely after installing my AEM UEGO X-Series WBO2 controller gauge into a Block8head custom dash vent mount near the A-pillar. I'm thinking a connection/ground to the OBD port might have been loose or otherwise borderline and got 'fixed' while mucking around w/ the wiring in that area during the gauge/serial port data cable installation. I haven't had a logging cutout since.

Try adding some snap on chokes to your cable and see if that helps.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Had this happen with both Romraider and Accessport. WOT pulls would always cut out. Tried every suggestion I could find online and nothing fixed it.

Interestingly I can get a perfect log 100% of the time using the stand alone data logger with the Tactrix cable. That's what I use now for WOT logging and it works great.

What about checking your battery condition? The alternator shutting off at WOT comes up in threads from time to time which could drop the voltage low enough momentarily to cause it to disconnect

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

What about checking your battery condition? The alternator shutting off at WOT comes up in threads from time to time which could drop the voltage low enough momentaryily to cause it to disconnect

Not saying you're wrong, but note the 32-bit ECUs are much less sensitive to low battery voltage than the old 16-bit ones were. And, they would block you from reflashing or reading the ECU when battery voltage was low, but not stop you logging.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived