LegacyGT.com

nonABS to ABS conversion... Can it be done?

I know, I know. It almost seems absurd to be asking such a daunting question. Honestly, its less likely that i will ever delve into such a project as it is just pure curiosity. Has anyone heard of it being done? Am I being more naive than i thought i was being, in that it isnt as bad as i make it sound?

I sure as hell dont know, but i truly would love to.:iam:

If anyone has info for me, possibly a link or two, throw em my way so i can do some morning reading. :coffee:

BTW, i just bought a 92' Leg Wagon with 68K original miles! No ABS but its a One owner car! Lil' ole grandma down the street had it in her garage for YEARS, but unfortunately it sat in the driveway for the last 2 and now im dealing with some rust, Shocker in the NE of PA. :orly:

Anyways, thanks guys, im new but hope to get alot out of this forum, its already helped alot. Enough rambling, signing off....

• 1 month later...

Hello!

The pump/modulator varies by transmission and maybe by year. Subaru wants around $1400 for the dusty ones sitting in their warehouse. If you know the right part then you can find one in a salvage yard for a reasonable amount. I think the modulator also has the computer for the ABS but I'm not sure.

You would also need the sensors, and the wiring/looms.

And of course you'll need the brake lines. You could fab them, but according to the thread where a guy put a supercharger in, the brake lines have to be specific lengths, or something.

Good luck if you do choose to follow this endeavor!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived