LegacyGT.com

Running rich, P2227, Help!

kred

My car's an 06 LGT. Built motor, big turbo, front mount, etc. I'm running speed density with an AEM IAT sensor and Omni 4 bar map sensor.

I got a base map from my tuner on my Cobb AP V3 and start it up. It idles fairly smoothly, but it immediately threw a P2227 (barometric pressure sensor range). And it's idling extremely rich based on my wideband and the smell of unburned fuel.

Here's what I know: atmospheric pressure sensor is reading 14.5 psi (which I believe is in the ECU), so that's working. We tried cutting fuel from the map twice and it did nothing. SD MAF is reading between 18-20 g/s on a cold start with the number fluctuating a bit, seems to be working. However, when I log boost, it reads -5.7 psi engine off key forward, at idle, and with a light rev...never seems to change from that. I checked my voltages at the MAP harness, key forward and got 0.02V, 4.35V, and 5.00V, which is exactly what I got when I tested a different LGT, So my wiring seems fine.

So basically, what's wrong with my car? :spin::spin::spin:

My logical reasoning tells me that as the car is getting a false reading of -5.7psi, it should be reading something more like -9psi I believe. So the car thinks that the incoming air is denser and thus thinks it's getting more air, so it adds a bunch more fuel than it really needs. Could the sensor be junk?

Do you know if he programme for the omni mal?

Yea, definitely. I can tell because with the MAP unplugged key forward, I read boost of 45 psi, the upper limit for a 4 bar MAP sensor.

Now that I think of it, the bag says it's an STI map sensor, the harness plugged right in. But is the STI map sensor really plug and play on our cars?

Archived