LegacyGT.com

Mountain bike recommendations

So I recently got into bicycling for fitness. I got a decent road bike. Its a woman's bike but I am short and its suprisingly comfortable and free is free :).

I would like to hear some first person recommendations for a mountain bike. My friends only want to ride trails and it would be fun to change things up on weekends.

I would like to keep the price under 1k. Being a campus town, used bikes are available.

14657413415711.thumb.jpg.1eb2426ba95d09ddfb733a3022c0609a.jpg

Personally, I'd buy this or one like it. These all-mountain hardtails are piles of fun, and I've heard many many positive things about these Treks. The one I listed has a really solid price too. But if you're just starting off mountain biking, you may be better off just shopping around local, and picking up whatever hardtail is available in your budget. You probably wanna stay away from full suspension at this point. You should be able to find something newish with quality components and a 1x11 drivetrain fairly easily. Oh, and if you can wrangle a dropper post in, by all means do, they're the best.

But I'm far from a mtb expert, there's other folks on here who know way way more.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Nothing wrong with a Revel, and the bike I posted is prolly closer to your budget ceiling, but if you really get into biking you'd be happy with the Stache for longer, IMO.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

The Stache is up there even used. I need to go look at the campus salvage. I haven't gone and checked inventory, but I've heard to can get great deals.

I'me also looking at Diamondbacks. Thats what my current bike is and quality seems good for what it is.

Archived