LegacyGT.com

Subaru finally updates their website

47ka

They now offer an ashtray as a $25 option? Weird.

Secondly, I am very disappointed that they no longer have the cloth version of the Legacy. I did not want the leather...and now, that's the only version offered in the GT which really bites. Doubt they will bring it back at this point...I dislike this trend.

Next car...well, let's see what happens during 2007-2009. Might have to do something else...not sure...but not having a cloth option really upsets me. I know, all the leather fans might be like WTF????>1111?!1>111?! :lol: but that's just my choice. Oh well...at least I have what I wanted for now.

They now offer an ashtray as a $25 option? Weird.

Secondly, I am very disappointed that they no longer have the cloth version of the Legacy. I did not want the leather...and now, that's the only version offered in the GT which really bites. Doubt they will bring it back at this point...I dislike this trend.

Next car...well, let's see what happens during 2007-2009. Might have to do something else...not sure...but not having a cloth option really upsets me. I know, all the leather fans might be like WTF????>1111?!1>111?! :lol: but that's just my choice. Oh well...at least I have what I wanted for now.

WTF MATE.. ;)

I think honestly they figure for the most part the people who are going to spend the bucks on the turbo will want the extras with the limited package (now not really the limited package just a gt now i suppose)

Even though two of my local "tribe" of LGT owners, 2 of them have a non-limited GT.

I can see their reasoning though, may not agree with it but i at least see why.. what i'm still WTF about is no 5MT + Navi.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well, with the gauge pack, they figure most people who buy a MT will opt for the guage pack...(although a costly option) but cheaper, compared to the navi. Then, there would be no 'space' left for the navi. Yes, it is stupid...but...we don't work for Subaru.

Well, with the gauge pack, they figure most people who buy a MT will opt for the guage pack...(although a costly option) but cheaper, compared to the navi. Then, there would be no 'space' left for the navi. Yes, it is stupid...but...we don't work for Subaru.

OOOh thats some double secret probation boolean logic

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Yep, no manual in a GT wagon is why I just purchased an '05, almost 32K to get a turbo wagon seems like a mistake in Subaru's pricing logic, at least if they offered the cloth gt with a manual, it would let them market it as a much cheaper alternative to the competition, now if you want an awd manual wagon, you have to go Audi A4 or Volvo V50. Seems like a mistake to me.

Yes, mybad, I didn't check the outbacks, so you can get a manual turbo outback with cloth for 28K+ If they are assembled on the same line, you'd think they'd offer them both since they're already tooled for it.

Me don't understand Subaru of America's thinking on this one

Guest *Jedimaster*
I know what you mean- it couldn't be that big a deal to throw manuals in the less serious version. When I bought my GTP in 2000 you could option it up any way you wanted- leather and sunroof, leather no sunroof, cloth with a sunroof, neither choice, etc. Why is Subaru so anal about what they will or won't do? If I were in the market for a new Legacy wagon and didn't want an Outback, I'd be pissed.

I suspect the issue was with all the 05's left post the 06's release. I bought my 05 on the 4th of July and my dealer had loads of MT wagons they couldn't shift, and said they had told Subaru never to ship them an MT anything again for stock. If more than a handful of dealers said that, I can see why they have stopped doing them. I agree any combination should be orderable though. If they'd done a 6MT I would have taken one, but my 5EAT is OK.

/me is happy i bought mine non-limited sedan w/ fabric and just installed my own damn boost gauge for 60 dollars :). I feel like the cloth grips you better than the leather when taking a turn at fun speeds.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I would of forgone leather, if I could of gotten a sunroof in the non-limited, however, having a yellow lab with me 50% of the time I'm driving, I'm sure the leather will pay for itself in easy vaccuming.

I did not know Subaru did not allow specific orders that were already on the specs. If Subaru is going to start demanding more money for it's products like it has with the GT Legacy's and the Tribeca and now luxury wrx's than they are going to have to change the they do business if they want to keep customer sat. levels up.

I quite agree, it's all very well to try and be the Japanese BMW, but most BMWs and quite alot of Audis are built to order.

They really should allow NAV as an option in the wagon, the gauge argument is superflous anyhow - there's 'soft' gauges within the NAV are there not?

They have to figure out the crappy stereo too, BMW and Audi make it nearly as hard to do aftermarket, but at least put better units in at the factory, BMW have ever heard of MP3s and iPods.

The electric seats should have memories too, must have saved what, $5 to do without?

Archived