LegacyGT.com

Problems editing a post

I'm having issues trying to edit a few of my lengthy posts in this thread. Post #1 and 2 have the issue, other posts don't.

When I click 'edit' it brings up an empty text box instead of the full text that I'm trying to change. I've modified the posts before so maybe this is a new issue? Does it have to do with the amount of text in the post I'm trying to edit?

Thanks

I can open the edit box fine on your post, is there any other information you can give me about the error? Browser / OS? Try a different browser? Can you right-click and open the link instead in a new window.

We have one other report of this, but I can't find any means of reproducing the issue.

• Moderators

When I go to the thread that StkmltS indicates, I get the same exact issue on posts #1 & #2. Post #3 is fine.

I can repeat the issue.

I'm using Firefox, FWIW. Windows 10 (32bit I think). Not sure if any of this matters...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

^This is what I experienced. Because there was no editable text in the edit area, using "Go Advanced" couldn't work and gave me the same error response.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

As far as I can tell from spending 15 minutes here, the JavaScript triggers the enhanced "WYSIWYG" editor, which is failing on large posts on Firefox and IE. In Chrome the enhanced editor never appears and you get the normal editor. You can force Vbulletin to use the normal editor in your profile under Settings -> Options -> Message Editor.

It's all I have for a workaround right now.

Archived