LegacyGT.com

Site is getting old

Tide

Future of LegacyGT.com  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Future of LegacyGT.com

Not related to that huge auto forum hack that just happened right? AutoGuide and a couple other related sites I think.

Yep they got hacked and forced us all to change passwords to 10 or more Upper lower alphabetical numerical and character requirements.

:spin:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By 'we' do you mean your parents lol

Damn millenials and their confangled technological gadgetrons. Back in my day we didn't have the Internets, we had to walk 20 miles uphill both ways in the snow barefoot and go read a book! :spin:

I like iTrader and thanks. If we can't keep those features then I vote to keep what we have. yes, it's aging... but it still works fine.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

4) Move to Invision Power Board https://invisionpower.com/. Good set of new features, galleries, chat, reviews, etc, and good community.

Personally I'm leaning toward 4), but I can also see just doing nothing. But I'm guessing it's time for a fresh engine and paint job on the place.

You should also consider for Xenforo. Based on my personal experience of running websites using IPS (4) and Xenforo (2), I would suggest Xenforo.

IPS 3.x, 4.x and Xenforo, I prefer Xenforo.

https://xenforo.com/

You could easily higher someone to develop iTrade alternative for the forums.

either do nothing and update the current system as best you can, of go for the best thing out there.

that being said, this forum has a simplistic charm about it in its current form. hate to see that shift away

Can you point us to any forums running Xenforo?

SC

You can see the list here:

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/forum-showcase-and-critiques.53/

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-large-xenforo-forums-list.87974/

For some reason even though I have 5 IPS licenses i.e. IPB forums, I am not a huge fan of it from IPS 4.x. I feel it's slow, heavy and lot's of issues. May be from IPS 4.3.x versions it will be in better shape but as of now, I have only updated one of my forums and that's being it.

Their are few good inbuilt features in XF which would benefit this forums.

Taptalk's upload feature is decent.

Most of the forums now a days are going fluid style and are mobile optimized. Hardly any new forums uses taptalk's.

Whichever update you choose, please be sure to keep the current overall format and organization. Like others have said, this is the best and easiest forum to navigate. EVERY time I have to check other forums for my other vehicles (Acura, Mustang, Mini), I get frustrated. THIS one is just SO EASY to find - anything! The organization is natural and follows common sense. I don't know what gets in the way for so many other forums but I have yet to find one as well laid out as this one!

The issue is this software is no longer supported. If there's a problem with something it may never get fixed as the development has ended. Think of it like Windows XP is now a massive security risk for anyone still running it because Microsoft doesn't support it.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Think of it like Windows XP is now a massive security risk for anyone still running it because Microsoft doesn't support it.

Very annoying though, cause XP is super fast on my machine. I hate having to upgrade when it just works..

Archived