78 members have voted

1. 1. Future of LegacyGT.com

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you update the video uploading

Make it as easy as the pics?

Please:hide:

Can you find a mod that does it? I can't and that's part of why moving to new software would be beneficial.

To everyone saying "it ain't broke", you ain't lookin' under the hood.

Vbulletin gets hacked all the time. It's a soft target. If it were worth someone's time and effort to wipe this thing off the face of the earth, they probably would. I'd move on to a different product with a better foundation.

And it has 0 votes, lol. Good thing we are not the boss.

Would vB5 or IPB not be more future proof?

IPB seems split on v3 and v4 mod-wise. For example the classified mod I linked only works on v3.

Vbulletin looks to have the same problem. They have large mod support at vb4, but not vb5. vb5 also looks as enjoyable as a stick to the eye.

vb4 seems to have the most mods, least disruption. Though it's not as future proof, it seems a step forward.

I'll keep digging for a good classified system.

To everyone saying "it ain't broke", you ain't lookin' under the hood.

Vbulletin gets hacked all the time. It's a soft target. If it were worth someone's time and effort to wipe this thing off the face of the earth, they probably would. I'd move on to a different product with a better foundation.

Every forum software is hackable. A lot of times it is not only about the software, but the Admin behind the site. I dare you to find one piece of forum software that is hack proof.

vB has been one of the better ones for years.

---

Change is one thing, progress is another.

I don't want to seem like one of the old timers who is against anything new, but like others have said before me there isn't anything lacking on this site. I've never been on another forum and come across anything that blew me away in terms of presentation or intuitiveness. At the same time, we'd all adjust to a new format like we do in all other aspects of life.

I would welcome a facelift as long as the itrader concerns were met. Would there be a possibility of taking peoples itrader ratings into account when creating an account in the new system? Possibly if the accounts could be linked or setup under the same email?

Another point to consider would be the ease of use for the moderators. I don't have any idea how good or bad the current system is from their end. If an upgrade would give the end user a comparable service and at the same time provide better functionality for them then I would be for it.

Someone else mentioned video uploading. This is just a random thought of mine, but there have been tons of times when a question has come up when I've wished I could just go out into my driveway with my phone and show someone exactly what I'm talking about. It would be great if there was something out there like FB live for car guys (or whoever) to be able to link up and share video real time without making and uploading a video. Seems like a hassle to do it with FB because everyone uses avatars on the forums and do you really want to friend everyone you need to stream video to?

If we identify a quality classifieds tool, which I'd require have a feedback system, it should be simple to port the data over. I'm guessing it won't be too hard to hand migrate that data since it's pretty straightforward (user, comment, rating, date, object => user, comment, rating, date... maybe object might be hard).

I for one would like it to go back to how easy it USED to be to post pictures that are already on your computer. With that being said whatever site will do that, I am in for !
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

I for one would like it to go back to how easy it USED to be to post pictures that are already on your computer. With that being said whatever site will do that, I am in for !

I don't know what that means, site's been around for 12 years, and on this software for at least 10 of them. I do think it is bad to upload photos here period, but the only option to fix that it to choose new software. There aren't options to improve this software beyond what it was 8 years ago.

I just hope whatever is done to the site will keep it nice, clean, and continue to be fast loading (try http://www.subaruoutback.org :rolleyes:---this site used to be pretty clean but it is now loaded with ads everywhere).

I also would not like a change like Windows or Android OS developers have done at times, where after an 'upgrade', things become slower and sometimes less efficient to get something done (e.g. more clicking/steps required to access something).

I used to be able to just go advance, hit manage attachment and poof pick and add a photo. Now when I do that using my same tablet it says invalid. I can do this on the three other forums that I am am using the exact same photos, but not this one. :(
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

All the old guys are afraid of change :lol:

Damn straight. Who said change is good? I like whole numbers and dollar bills. LOL.

What wrong with land line phones? Whats wrong with over the air TV broadcasts from 3 networks?

But seriously, life seemed just as good if not better without all the tech. Spoken like a true old fart. :lol::lol::lol:

• Moderators
Damn straight. Who said change is good? I like whole numbers and dollar bills. LOL.

What wrong with land line phones? Whats wrong with over the air TV broadcasts from 3 networks?

But seriously, life seemed just as good if not better without all the tech. Spoken like a true old fart. :lol::lol::lol:

How old ARE you anyway? I pegged you for about 40?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Keep the forum functionally the same. Good upgrade with UL file size; that was really the only gripe I had.

Damn millenials and their confangled technological gadgetrons. Back in my day we didn't have the Internets, we had to walk 20 miles uphill both ways in the snow barefoot and go read a book! :spin:

You forgot about about those bootlegged exhaust-note mix-tapes we used to trade.

At least we had normal size headphones :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Keep the forum functionally the same. Good upgrade with UL file size; that was really the only gripe I had.

You forgot about about those bootlegged exhaust-note mix-tapes we used to trade.

At least we had normal size headphones :lol:

Yes of course, the ones of the good old CHEVY 454! Back when people still believed there was no replacement for displacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full disclosure, I am 22 and have not ever known a time where there was no Internet. Lol

Archived