LegacyGT.com

Are tuning adjustments needed for 5eat upgrades

fullerslgt

Ok great, and this is regardless of other performance mods correct?

Correct, but if you have other mods in general you should be tuned. We do etuning =)

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll assume Brian is saying you'll want to optimize your tune to take full advantage of the new parts.

TA is the one place your going to want to use.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

One of the things in play here is how much the timing is retarding during upshifts. On the one hand you want to drop timing to take the load off the trans. On the other hand the more timing you pull the higher EGT goes and the more boost climbs during the shift. So, if you speed the shifts up mechanically....

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Thanks for the comments. I am currently having a built motor installed, larger turbo, fuel kit et., so I will have it tuned after that. I was just curious as far as if 6 months later I want to do transmission work that my same tune will suffice.

Thanks for the comments. I am currently having a built motor installed, larger turbo, fuel kit et., so I will have it tuned after that. I was just curious as far as if 6 months later I want to do transmission work that my same tune will suffice.

It should, unless you see shifting issues.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived