TylerHartman's 2006 2.5i Wagon (SWP)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post #50

plug is the subwoofer .

Thanks! I actually just figured that out when I did my radio AUX harness. I found a website that told me what every pin of the i85 plug was on the back of the radio and that confirmed the Subwoofer to me. Now to find a Subwoofer with a black trim piece

Beautiful wagon so far, loving the black interior with wood trim. Was the face lift swap for the dash pretty straightforward?

Thanks so much! I know, I need to locate the backseat and cargo mat now so It can be complete, Yes 100% Plug n play along as you have all the parts. Radio was the only part of the facelift swap that wasn't but along as you have pigtails and soldering iron you can make that happen fairly easily like I did.

I sadly didn't get the 08-09 Inner Glovebox, if you have the chance to get that if you swap, do it. It'll make changing Cabin Air filters much easier

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, almost a year since I updated this. have sourced all the rear cargo area pieces earlier in the year, and found the black cargo mat (not great, but will work till I find better).

Earlier in the year the passenger rear wheel bearing started making a fuss (just replaced this ugh..) and a rear squeak over bumps (spring? Shock?) sorta of forget about these as most of the year I'm using the 99 LGT as a runabout since it's funner and short little 20-35mph trips you normally don't hear the Wheel bearing going to town. I'll be tending to that pretty soon even though its cold :(

after all this time I finally found the piece I've been needing, Black leather back seat that wasn't insanely pricey. It's still dirty going to take several cleanings as it sat in this guys barn for a bit but doesn't smell or have any major wear. and it was only $50 since I jew'd him down from $300.

dpMPFw0-1.jpg

J7wGEbl-1.jpg

n7jK7ZC-1.jpg

Just bought a Full Navi dropout kit from a 2008 Spec-B from Pmp On Facebook for $150 Shipped, I know aftermarket head unit would be better but always loved the Factory GPS look and dig the sub menu's/features!

Also bought a super nice 08-09 Leather wheel, and airbag cover to sell! Debating on getting paddles and Steering wheel audio control panel and retrofitting all of that in, but not 100% yet though but would be cake topper with the rest of my Facelift dash

Also Got some JDM Upper door Tweeters!

JFsg6eN-1.jpg

Updatesss

First started off with a Facelift JDM mirror swap, these popped up already 37J SWP White and had to snag. Facelift JDM mirrors with the signals, Heated elements, Power-folding and being Non-Base model they also have bigger mirror glass!

2.5i have the turn signals prewired to the door harness, so I grabbed up some OBXT/GT Door harness's and then added two wires for the power-folding part and added my plugs in for the HK sound system I retrofitted in the past.

mirrors side by side

NNxfKfG-1.jpg

Bb9ALEV-1.jpg

I ended up raiding my stash and used 2.5i base model mirror connectors as the plugs for the Power-folding side of the harness to keep things clean and OEM. and I just depinned both plugs and pinned in the two wires for it

kCeUNUA-1.jpg

fLhbzKv-1.jpg

FWJqoBY-1.jpg

All done! (wiring power-folding bits tomorrow to the switch)

wl9Wa2p-1.jpg

7BL0nb9-1.jpg

Needed new rear brakes, Went for some Centric Rotors (coated hats that won't look like poop in 3 months.) and EBC Yellow pads I snagged super cheap off a dude that ordered the wrong pads for his 2.5GT.

Also took the time to grease up the sway bar, and check CV boots, etc..

e2Sloqk-1.jpg

BfGOUmw-1.jpg

also have pretty much all the piece for a Mini H1 Bi-Xenon retrofit, other than one headlight splitter (why aren't these sold in pairs like everything else for headlights?)

3uw3Ka5-1.jpg

doing the 316mm x 30mm 05+ GT Front brake conversion super soon as well, just need rotors for that.

Tyler, love this build !

Good for going from ivory/tan to black, suits the car well and the new leather seats seem to be in good condition.

I still have to make the leap and go from an all tan interior in my Outback to full black.

BTW: ever considered other wheels? Rota gravels would look sick on your car.

Tyler, love this build !

Good for going from ivory/tan to black, suits the car well and the new leather seats seem to be in good condition.

I still have to make the leap and go from an all tan interior in my Outback to full black.

BTW: ever considered other wheels? Rota gravels would look sick on your car.

I really wanted a black interior one, and just got lucky and found an LGT at Upull with good carpet, front seats, and under-seat sub... that's what started it all xD but so worth it in the end, now I'm getting the itch to paint or dye the roof lining at some point as well

I considered some OEM Spec B wheels or Ver7 STI wheels, I was close to snagging some 05-07 STI BBS's and running adapters but my new tires are too small for most of my options. might just paint these gray till I'm ready for new tires again

EBC Yellows feel amazing but do have a little brake noise coming to a stop (I like it, but some might not) , and the Convex JDM glass on the LHD side is awesome.

Speaking of paint code things.. Decided to mount up these Spats I've had forever. these are JDM 36J as you can tell, Not going to use all the double-sided tape since they will be getting pulled off at some point to be matched.

7z0NT8F.jpg

RN26OP9.jpg

YOZ7TDd.jpg

H0AXc2i.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had some leftover Retrofit parts from MY honda element, so ordered the remaining pieces

Mori MH1 Projectors

Custom brackets and designs mounts

Mori 4300k Bulbs

Mori 3Five Ballasts

Mori HD Relay: 9005/9006/9012/H10

Mori H7 Headlight splitters

7ylp46y.jpg

HJywOrQ.jpg

69iaYyo.jpg

A09RJs0.jpg

YIhxAms.jpg

Also ordered up the Rotors and pads for my 05+ LGT Front Brake conversion

did the calipers the other day, wire wheeled, painted and greased up slides

RmrSCA3.jpg

qR57nHE.jpg

Headlights Rip!

C8QCp41-1.jpg

Centric Rotor/pad kit and Caliper upgrade, these things are amazing compared to stock 2.5i front brakes...

Nt4zrzz-1.jpg

5EaeQpH-1.jpg

Bought some Whiteline KLC32 Front end links for $10 missing hardware, few bucks at the hardware store and 25 for some replacement bushings and im set

MJwAIK7-1.jpg

Also have some things on the way ;P

XlpTW2x-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

STI Front bar

H31P725-1.jpg

MLqe9Ig-1.jpg

tqXrjsY-1.jpg

JDM paddle shifters (need to trim the bezel a hair more and wire them in. but did that first leap of cutting to install them)

yZpoBkp-1.jpg

B-Sport badges (more a less spec-B but N/A, kinda..)

BTQ6Xx2-1.jpg

STI Option Pedals & Weathertech floor mats

8PH0Gee-1.jpg

eBay LED Panels

bsLogn0-1.jpg

t0BQXfb-1.jpg

the dome light is the LG dank

U4fF9WO-1.jpg

the bad news...Garnish came busted! :( we'll see what USPS/EMS will do, but this stinks

• 3 weeks later...
You need the Kakimoto Race Chamber from Japan. I had one on my 08 2.5i, yes I was tuned for it. I thought it was a myth till I ordered it from japan parts.

Actually I am considering doing that, was there noticeable gains with a tune? just not sure it's worth it on a 2.5i auto. but I do like my Bling :p

Love the build man! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Thanks! :) Like hearing that from GT/SPECB owners, normally get crapped on for "wasting my time, and money"

Update: You know that moment when you say your not going to mod your daily? Ummm... [/img]

Same boat! Got an Outback to be my daily. Already put a good bit of money in it. Got a brush bar to install soon!

Keep up the good work!