LegacyGT.com

Setting up Romraider n stuch with a Tactrix 2.0... car ran weird

MaStaMooN

So yesterday I was configuring my laptop to run RomRaider, EcuFlash and Learning View and such... after it getting mostly working I unplugged and went inside. Later on I had to go somewhere and noticed it took an extra few cranks to start the car (but not like after a reflash) and when I pulled up to the store, my car died. Started it up again and it struggled to idle for a few seconds then shortly after figured it out and was fine today.

As far as I know, the only thing I did yesterday was read my ECU in EcuFlash and then look at a few things in RomRaider. I did no flashing but I did have to connect my green connectors for EcuFlash. And I did disconnect them when finished.

Would that have caused the issue, simply connecting those green connectors?

Also, any pointers getting the Learning View app working? The only thing I noticed that I could tell was weird was no com ports were being listed in any app, but I was able to successfully connect with RomRaider and EcuFlash.

I know you have to make RomRaider reset the ECU. It will not do it on it's own. And I did not think that ECUFlash did anything unless you were flashing. But maybe it does??..

Once RomRaider is connected to the ECU (green diagnostic connector unplugged), it should be able to do a Learning View. It will disconnect from the ECU and then start LV. Same procedure for resetting the ECU or reading codes.

I know you have to make RomRaider reset the ECU. It will not do it on it's own. And I did not think that ECUFlash did anything unless you were flashing. But maybe it does??..

Once RomRaider is connected to the ECU (green diagnostic connector unplugged), it should be able to do a Learning View. It will disconnect from the ECU and then start LV. Same procedure for resetting the ECU or reading codes.

It probably was EcuFlash.. I didnt do anything with RomRaider besides look at throttle position really so I doubt it would reset memory to do that.

I dont recall specifically telling EcuFlash to reset my ECU at any point so maybe thats part of the process before it can pull a copy?

Its NBD, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt abnormal, I was pretty close to dusting off my AP to make sure the map I had loaded was still there lol.

You can minimize the idle learning annoyance by setting the minimum-torque / minimum-rpm corner of the throttle table to about 3%. That way the ECU uses that as the starting point so it finds the right throttle angle much faster.

I don't have my ROM handy, or I'd post a picture of the table. It's easy to experiment with though.

Tried to look through the tune and couldn't find the table you were talking about, if you get a chance mind posting the table name to point us in the right direction?

I think he's talking about the target throttle position table (3D table with RPM on the left, req torque on the top).

Archived