LegacyGT.com

Unauthorized Cobb dealers

jamguitarist

I ordered everything I need to go stage 2 with a Cobb Accessport this week. I like to use Amazon, and I ordered most of it including the AP from their vendors. While browsing the Cobb website I found a list of unauthorised vendors. Sure enough, there was the one I ordered from. I immediately sent a request to cancel the order. It hasnt shipped and expected ship isn't for a week so there may be hope.

Am I completely screwed if they deny my cancelation? Meaning I may get genuine Cobb product, but no warranty support? If they cancel it I will just order straight from Cobb or if a vendor on here sells them I will give them my business.

www.tuningalliance.com can get you a Cobb AP with a custom map sometimes. View Mikes site in the Vendor Forum here.

I guess you missed the "memo" ask us before you buy things for your car.

Another trusted place to buy from is www.AZPinstalls.com

www.infamousperformance.net member, m sprank is also recommended.

Good luck, let us know if you can cancel the order.

You'll find over the life of the car, if you order from the trusted vendors on here and build a relationship with them, you'll get more then what you paid for.

You can't put a price on some of the benefits from being loyal.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just got off the phone with them. They were confused why I wanted to cancel. Once I told them about being on the unauthorized list, he said he would look into that, cancel it, and quickly hung up. Waiting to see money hit my account before I consider this resolved.

Typically, I would say 99.9% of times, I do not run into issues like this. Even with MUCH more expensive tech.

Just got a follow up email saying this order could not be canceled. I just got off the phone with a rep, I don't like it, but we were able to resolve the issue. Apparently the tracking was slow because it has been shipped. They are not canceling it, but he is sending me email documentation that they will replace it if there is an issue.

sucker.

KNS Brakes is a vendor here that recently quoted me less than $600 shipped for a brand new V3. AND they are an authorized dealer.

+1

Our supporting vendors almost always sell for less than Amazon and EBay. KNS, Infamous, and WSCP are awesome. And even if they do cost a little more, you get your money back in support. They stand behind their products.

Just a heads up, it ended up coming from an authorized Cobb vendor... I don't know whats going on with them, but APs are no longer available from the seller I thought I was buying from, and mine didn't come from that seller either. I think they may have been operating under a different name to sell on unapproved markets.

You can always return in, then get one from us for cheaper.

On another note, you dont wanna be running the Cobb OTS maps, they pull timing, knock, and have been known to blow motors. Get an ETUNE from us =)

Don't try to scare people into buying your product. The COBB OTS maps are not dangerous to the motor. In the case of the new Forester XT's, many motors were saved by being on a OTS map and not the recently recalled factory map.

OP: What vendor did you buy it from?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

OP: What vendor did you buy it from?

SpeedShopUSA was the original vendor. It came from Ultra Rev INC(the authorized vendor). I don't want to give any vendor the bus, but people should know about happenings as these as not to repeat my mistakes.

I had been looking into TA based on customer satisfaction I have seen on the forum. Cobb would not be in business as long as they have with their prices if they were not a trustworthy source of software/hardware. Until now, I have used RR and the advice of reputable forum members. I have been running a tune based on research, that I have created and it has served me well, 25k of commuting.

Have you gotten a e-tune from TA yet ? once you do, you'll understand why we recommend him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived