LegacyGT.com

AccessPort question

Feeny1701

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this. When I bought my car, it had a Q300 full turbo back, and was not throwing any codes. I suspected it had been tuned but I did not know for sure. When I bought my access port, my suspicions were confirmed, and my access port had to unmarry the former one. Well, I am selling the car, and I am curious if I uninstall my access port, will it revert back to a stock tune, or will it revert back to the tune that was on it from the previous access port?

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure it will go back to stock. I believe that's what you select on the AP.

Unless your AP stored the old map that was in there. If it did, you should be able to see it.

To be sure you could ask www.tuningalliance.com Mike would know.

Or call Cobb and ask them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 year later...

I have this same question. 2005 LGT wagon that unknowingly had a prior tune but not from a Cobb A/P as far as I know. I installed a V2 A/P but would love to unmarry it and restore to prior tune as it was unreal...

I suppose I could try it and see if the map may have been stored. But I was hoping to find out if it was even worth the time. Looking unlikely.

I have this same question. 2005 LGT wagon that unknowingly had a prior tune but not from a Cobb A/P as far as I know. I installed a V2 A/P but would love to unmarry it and restore to prior tune as it was unreal...

I suppose I could try it and see if the map may have been stored. But I was hoping to find out if it was even worth the time. Looking unlikely.

What you want to do should work. You won't be able to see the prior map until you do the uninstall, though.

Your situation is not the same as the OP's. The OP had two different APs. You only have the one.

The install process saves whatever map the ECU had on it at the time. The uninstall reflashes that same saved map back to the ECU.

Archived