LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

Thanks for starting this thread LatentWagon!

Brakes are one of the big ticket items for my first year, so this might be a tremendous improvement!

Just going to have to remove that Crapillac logo...

SC

Edited by Smithcraft

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

subed. If they fit OEM 17" wheels, would be amazing. A little confused that the adapter kit page says '13-15 ATS calipers, '04-07 CTS-V pads.. Are the pads of different thicknesses, and that's why '13-15 ATS pads won't work? Or are the CTS-V pads better material?

subed. If they fit OEM 17" wheels, would be amazing. A little confused that the adapter kit page says '13-15 ATS calipers, '04-07 CTS-V pads.. Are the pads of different thicknesses, and that's why '13-15 ATS pads won't work? Or are the CTS-V pads better material?

I'm more worried about rotors than anything

-Squid

Not sure. Going to have to wait till the first of May to order that part sadly.... But I'm going to mock them up and see what all I need for this to clear OEM six spoke lgt wheels

-Squid

If they clear six spokes, then OEM five spokes and all WRX wheels should fit.

Very interesting. But frankly I never understood the Brembo craze...don't the stock brakes work just great unless you're running huge sticky rubber or doing track days/autoX? Someone tell me a good reason to do this on a DD:)

Going to a fixed caliper did wonders for brake feel on my WRX. I imagine it would be the same on the LGT. Much more communicative pedal. I would do it in a heartbeat if I could use LGT-sized rotors.

Monoblock calipers feel more solid, and can take whatever you can throw at them (provided decent pads and fluid).

I mostly agree with your assessment, however these are not monoblock calipers. They are a 4 piston fixed caliper, but they are 2 pieces. Inorder for them to be monoblock each caliper would have to be a single piece, IE cannot split the caliper in 2 halves.

Fixed 4 piston caliper

ats_2.jpg

Monoblock caliper

http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/rell/brakes/brembo_gtr_6_piston.jpg

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Pad change and ease of bleeding (in a motorsport context) is the main reason to go to a fixed caliper.

Clip at the top comes out, slide out the two pins that hold in the pad, slip the two pads out, slip new pads in, replace pins and clips. Takes a minute or two.

Bleed screw located at the front instead of the back of the caliper allows for fast, on-ground bleeding in case you boil your fluid.

It's sitting in my garage for a while now. Had to take the LGT in for service so kept the stock stuff on (stupid air bag thing) It'll be going on probably this week. It doesn't fit under stock LGT 17x7 wheels

Honestly super cheap for a BREMBO setup. I'm in Hawaii so while most of you guys get free shipping I pay $$$

I've even toyed with the notion to put it on my STI and take my STI brembos and put it on the LGT. this is an 05 LGT BTW

Use the same lines for your legacy. You need USDM STI BREMBO sized rotors. There's pretty simple instructions. Dust shield needs to be removed so pulling the front hub bearing is required (4 bolts like USDM 05 STI). There's a bracket you buy and either you can drill/tap the hole on the bottom or use a nut/bolt combo. If you've done a brake job and axle job before you can most definitely do this install.

Looks like a no go for any 17s without a spacer. Was reading through their facebook page and saw a customer who said it won't even clear 04 sti bbs wheels. [ATTACH]228365[/ATTACH]

He's saying it's about the barrel, not the spokes... so that bump on top of the caliper is the clearance issue. That bit can be sanded down (maybe?), or an 18" wheel will have to be used.

The question is, how much room does he have from the caliper to the inside of the spoke?

the calipers are pretty beefy. Kind of looks bigger than the USDM/JDM BREMBO set.

They looked a little skinnier to me, from the pictures, but from above it seems like they're definitely taller.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG