LegacyGT.com

2017 Impreza to be revealed in NY

spb

The interior is certainly a step in the right direction and probably the closest to Gen 4 Legacy in quality...by the look of it anyway. Exterior on the other hand is a question of...what changed again?

Either way Subaru is perfectly happy leaving the performance aspect to the WRX/STI line and vanilla pudding for rest of the lineup.

Either way Subaru is perfectly happy leaving the performance aspect to the WRX/STI line and vanilla pudding for rest of the lineup.

unfortunately it is the consumer who is to blame. we vote with our wallets.

The press release says it has a 152 hp Direct Injection FB20 engine. I would have expect that direct injection would have add more than 4 hp.

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease/929/1/subaru-introduces-all-new-u.s-built-2017-impreza

I was thinking the same thing, though we don't know the torque output. I like the look of the hatchback. Would be nice if they made a 2.5RS version with the 2.5L engine.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I am waiting to see if the STI has something in the way of 340-350 hp. It is about time Subaru jumps up with a larger Turbo....and eventually coming up with a dual shaft transmission like Porsche's PDK.

For those not familiar with PDK, shifts are faster than one can shift manually.

Msmoto aka Ms Tommie Lauer

Legacy 3.6R...

Fast cars, motorcycles, trains, photography, travel...w/Airstream

NIKON, K4MTL

Dual clutches may give a performance edge, but most are not smooth in operation as automatics and they remove driving engagement as manuals. I'm definitely not a fan of their use as autos.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My guess is that a CVT transmission may have a family low limit in power handling. Thus, a dual clutch. And as far as smooth shifting, this may be more a function of programming the correct parameters....

On the subject of smoothness.....OMG, I love my Legacy. This, when driven gently is like silk. However, in the hands of a world class driver, a standard shift transmission becomes smooth as silk as well. I have ridden with a former F1 motorcycle racer and unless one was paying attention it felt like an automatic.

Msmoto aka Ms Tommie Lauer

Legacy 3.6R...

Fast cars, motorcycles, trains, photography, travel...w/Airstream

NIKON, K4MTL

Archived