LegacyGT.com

Scan tools

I've noticed a lot of folks having runability issues with their cars and they want help diagnosing these problems, but they do not have the proper equipment for us to effectively help them solve their issues. We spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars upgrading and maintaining our cars, why not spend a few hundred and pick up a decent scan tool that can read engine data? I love trying to help you guys track down and fix your issues but without proper information it becomes very difficult and nearly impossible to pinpoint the problem without you replacing multiple components. I'm not speaking about anyone in particular but i think it would benefit the DIY guys. If anyone needs an opinion on one I would be more than happy to help.

• 1 month later...
I have a $200 scantool which tells me marginally more than my accessport, but I do believe the BT-SSM program is very useful for our subies especially if you already have the FSM to pull information and diagnostic information from. I haven't used it personally because I don't need to but it would be my first option if I was looking especially over a generic obd2 scanner.

Archived