LegacyGT.com

Tehnation's Ballin on a budget rebuild!

oooooooh boyyy........... i did not realize like every connector on the wiring harness is the exact same damn connector.. i have absolutely no idea what goes where... is there some kind of diagram to help figuring out what color or what clip goes where... cause right now i think i have my cam position sensor connected to my ocv LOL , i need help lol ! I figured out the big connectors, obviously, the injector clips, tb , mic/knock sensor, the coil packs.... and thats about it, why does it seem like i have extra connectors..... sigh, i thought this would be an easy step.... nothing ever is. Edited by Tehnation

is the ocv connector black or blue? do the tgv's each have only one 3 prong connector? I seem to have an extra connector other than my deleted tgv... any info?

OCV connector is Blue.

494541112_IMG_64722.thumb.JPG.f8006a573fc6e1939f4e25d38cb8e461.JPG

There are four Black TGV connectors.

Each side has a motor (3 pin) and sensor (2 pin).

They are flipped from each other so that the same TGV can be used on either side.

One connector is on the front, the other on the back (ie. the 3 pins are diagonal from each other, as are the 2 pins).

I just deleted my TGV and found some large heatshrink for the sensor plugs to seal them, and used electrical tape for the larger plugs.

118014035_IMG_64852.thumb.JPG.f477674afc87382d50a5c74560c5b359.JPG

Edited by Infosecdad

awesome...... sooooo where did you get all those silicone hoses??? is that the samco group buy or ?? damn i'm jealous....

I wish :-)

It was DIY from Amazon. Just some 4mm, 6mm, and 8mm silicon hoses.

That took care of most of the vacuum lines.

i need a clutch .... any suggestions? something that will last and can handle 400-500 whp and daily driving... also reasonably priced....

hopefully i can get the engine back in next weekend.

I just need to figure out how to get my steering pump back on the bracket....

once again I cannot stress enough to organize, mark and take pictures of things before you take on a project, a box of ziplock bags and a sharpie will add years to your life...

i don't know when I will learn... this is what happens when you get a case of the f**k it's, logic and reason go right out the window, and your driven on pure male ego and testosterone... #cavemanshit , just smack something with a hammer until it works...

Exedy Twin is still the best option I know of, but if there's something better I'd love to hear about it.

Driveability is great.

It rattles a little when disengaged, so sometimes people stare. But hey... racecar!

Longevity, I dunno. I got 20k-30k miles out of it before a spring broke and it wouldn't disengage completely. I hear the discs warp at around 30k.

Tried an Act single (HDSS? I forgot) and killed it pretty quickly. Last I heard, the only single-discs that can hold have crappy driveability, so I went back to the Twin.

hmmm... what kind of loss in hp/tq from the crank to the wheel do we get? the torque specs on these clutches are at the crank, so if i'm aiming for 400-500, call it 450awhp, tq should be close to that number, so i may need more around 600, if we lose about 20% from motor to wheel..... any thoughts?

If you have a SMFW you will need one of these. I think,

http://specclutch.com/cars/Subaru/Legacy/2008/Single

Contact Jeremy Auvil at Spec Clutches. Jeremy@specclutch.com ask for his recommendation.

That other link above may be for the DMFW

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

hmmm... what kind of loss in hp/tq from the crank to the wheel do we get? the torque specs on these clutches are at the crank, so if i'm aiming for 400-500, call it 450awhp, tq should be close to that number, so i may need more around 600, if we lose about 20% from motor to wheel..... any thoughts?

I wish I knew. That's my only thought on that subject. :)

..... tuner doesn't think i can make 400+ on my setup on 93 octane.... i think he might be right... i don't want to go e85 otherwise I would need a much bigger turbo, which would mean i need to go fmic, after i just dropped 1k on the new gs tmic.....smh.....sigh

what are the drawbacks to e85? its common enough in my area where it won't be a problem finding a station... but it would still be a pita...

do they still make a fmic kit that doesn't require cutting anything? anyone know of a BIG turbo that can mount to stock location up and down pipe?

if i wanted to go crazy i would have went with a h6 3.0/3.5 twin turbo setup.... all i see is madness ahead...

I might be able to get a rotated turbo to fit with GS tmic.... what do you guys think??

I can just get a different hose and force it to work....

I'm going to dyno my first setup after I break in, so I can document, then swiftly toss that shit(turbo) on the FS section if I dont get my numbers...

let the madness begin!!!

Hey Max, do you have a picture of your intercooler mounted to the turbo side? I'm trying to see how much space and how exactly it looks so I can visualize a rotated turbo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.