LegacyGT.com

Tehnation's Ballin on a budget rebuild!

anyone know what ends are needed to replace the inline filter for the ip&t kit? I got the one from bnr website, the turbosmart with AN-4 Male ends, hopefully it works with ip&t kit.
All of the connections for the IP&T hoses are -4AN.

my engine was upside down for a long time, and when i turned it back over to work on it i noticed oil coming out of this thing.... hmm, i know one bolt was loose, i can't remember if i snugged it or not.... sigh.... does this thing require sealant?? it looks like a metal gasket.... i can probably clean and reuse? i think maybe the gasket went in backwards.... looks like there is a recession on one side.... any ideas or info on this thing would be greatly appreciated thanks!

1775973593_oilthingyuncovered.thumb.jpg.7518dfd50aad6046e8912ffc0f4b2e71.jpg

2121469466_oilthingycovered.thumb.jpg.3ff6fe7462d638ff4fda87793eaf3929.jpg

983998652_gasketweird.thumb.jpg.cdc1a35cee8c63e06b1b477f5bf6502d.jpg

Edited by Tehnation

my engine was upside down for a long time, and when i turned it back over to work on it i noticed oil coming out of this thing.... hmm, i know one bolt was loose, i can't remember if i snugged it or not.... sigh.... does this thing require sealant?? it looks like a metal gasket.... i can probably clean and reuse? i think maybe the gasket went in backwards.... looks like there is a recession on one side.... any ideas or info on this thing would be greatly appreciated thanks!

[ATTACH]277490[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]277491[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]277492[/ATTACH]

Gaskets are paper; I'd buy new gaskets from a dealer/online. They're cheap and a pain to get to when the engine and all accessories are installed.

Yeah. I have one that is leaking a little too. I've been meaning to change it...

I created that full gasket kit thread a while back and IIRC, did not see that gasket in it. If you find the part number, please post it :).

its the plate on the side of the thing that the ocv goes into!

paper? mine are metal...hmmmmm

these don't come in the master gasket kit?

The plate is metal but the gasket is paper. You don't need to replace the metal, just the gasket.

look at the middle picture nice and big and look at the silver on the top of the gasket as well as the bent corner!! thats metal!

maybe its paper on the outside and metal on the inside, u can see its clearly metal from the picture, and it feels like metal in my hands.

hmmm.... anyone have an aftermarket downpipe? I bought mine a long time ago, and I remember having issues with getting the down pipe to fit because of the studs from the uppipe and back of turbo.

anyone know of any slightly shorter studs?

Its hard to say what the exact issue is because i can't connect the dp... actually i guess i will have to find a way to mock it up but the 3 studs in the back seem to long, the 2 rear ones from the uppipe and the one from the back of the turbo on the bottom, normal nuts can't go on that one for me.

Maybe try removing the studs and see if they have a longer end and a shorter end? I think they might, but I haven't touched that part of my car in years.

Not sure about the hose either, sorry.

i have a cobb boost control solenoid? Im trying to figure out where ports 1 2 and 3 go.

Do i need a pill? seems like i was running hoses straight.

Edited by Tehnation

You are on bnr turbo right? I run a ptp on my steamspeed stx71 and it's been great for these past 4 years almost 5 already.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

So i finished up the coolant lines, most of the air lines, installed the turbo and turbo inlet...

so all that's left is to wait for those oil return cover gaskets, and two little air hoses. Then I need to install spark plugs, I went with NGK LFR7AIX, those are the colder plugs, after that the steering pump, alternator, wiring harness. Then the engine mounts, flywheel and clutch .... then into the engine bay and off to the dyno.

so tuning alliance is like 2 hrs from me so i was thinking of towing it there to have engine break in and tuning done. Not sure if they do break ins, but I know other tuners that do.. I wonder if tuning alliance is still on here. anyone have any experience with them?

1618230171_airhosesfront.thumb.jpg.383271c5d350e44e4f8d029428aca983.jpg

219720413_airhosestopback.thumb.jpg.7114441a8e9cd085785071f87a75e684.jpg

1529276500_turboside.thumb.jpg.8fed86491243444cb424829cee11f9e4.jpg

anyone know if autozone or a part number for a new injector pigtail for topfeed? All the links i find are old has no info. I know its on here somewhere, dw made one, but they should be common part now.