LegacyGT.com

Wheels That Fit The '05-'08 Legacy and Outback

axis008

Yea, stock suspension..

So what would I have to do to prevent rubbing? I'm debating if I should just stick with a set of 17x8 instead of 18x8.

I'm thinking about doing some suspension upgrades (Bilsteins w/ STi Pinks).. So I should take that into consideration IF I decide to lower it :spin: I just don't want to run into any problems lol

Yeah, you need to take your suspension into consideration for many reasons.

If you lower the car, a tall tire could rub on the fender. Also, most aftermarket struts and coilovers are smaller in design, which will give you more clearance on the inside as well. Lowering changes things. It can give you more clearance in some areas and it can also take it away in others.

The above suggestion for an 18x8 +48 w/ 245/35/18 seems pretty common for 18" wheels and tires. I can't comment directly, since I don't have a lot of experience with 18" wheels, but it seems to be what a lot of people run.

If you check out Xenonk's handy FAQ, it's a good starting point for rim and tire sizes.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426

If you notice, he doesn't even have comments about 245/40/18, and even says that 235/40/18 is on the tall side (and 245/40/18 would be even taller).

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ever tried to run staggered width tires? Or is that even possible?

Its possible, but not really smart on AWD vehicles. You'll put extra wear and tear on your diffs.

And as a personal opinion, I'd laugh if I saw an AWD car with a staggered setup.

I just finished putting on my winter wheel setup. Boy are these wheels heavy, but heck, are they built to last!

Speedline Supertourismos

17x7

22.5 lbs (I believe)

ET55

Running 215-45R17 Yokohama AVS Winter tires. See attachments for pics.

http://photos.yungfamily.ca/albums/userpics/Darren/Speedlines/thumb_img_0663.jpg

http://photos.yungfamily.ca/albums/userpics/Darren/Speedlines/thumb_img_0665.jpg

http://photos.yungfamily.ca/albums/userpics/Darren/Speedlines/thumb_img_0667.jpg

Don't mind the dirty car. :p:redface:

LaterZ!

Darren!!

Its possible, but not really smart on AWD vehicles. You'll put extra wear and tear on your diffs.

And as a personal opinion, I'd laugh if I saw an AWD car with a staggered setup.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I was just curious because I wanted to give my outback a wider and better stance. But I’m maxed out as far as wheel width goes. I already have minor wheel bite going on.

• 1 month later...

Got my Rays Volk Racing Progressiv ME installed last week.

18 x 7.5j

+47 offset

18.8 lb

with Bridgestone Potenza RE01R 225/40R18 tires

No rubbing at all even with a fully loaded car where the tires are going past the fender. (I was a little worried beforehand)

1a.jpg.7a5e8cd6c26a5d1ee3f2776b67922dae.jpg

2a.jpg.3500fc6ade251a8546d69e172ec2a58c.jpg

4.jpg.366d8d031537b6117d3460ac657d9e71.jpg

They are starting to get pretty cheap from Japan as the model has been around for 3-4 years and is considered old.

Got mine for around 160,000 Yen while the list price used to be 327,600. Since Hong Kong is pretty close to Japan, shipping was only around $100USD.

I searched this forum and several threads but couldn't find an answer to my question.

Below is Fighterfireku's Outback with the WRX 17" wheels. I really like the way these wheels look and am wondering if they fit on an '07 Legacy GT Wagon. I believe the front brakes might be an issue in terms of clearance. Also, my car came with TPMS; will the WRX wheels support the use of the TPMS sensors?

If I was wrong in posting this question here, please let me know.

Thanks

Al

06 wrx wheels on obxt with winterforce tires.

17x7

55mm

http://www.subaruoutback.org/gallery//500/10507wrx_wheels.jpg

I searched this forum and several threads but couldn't find an answer to my question.

Below is Fighterfireku's Outback with the WRX 17" wheels. I really like the way these wheels look and am wondering if they fit on an '07 Legacy GT Wagon. I believe the front brakes might be an issue in terms of clearance. Also, my car came with TPMS; will the WRX wheels support the use of the TPMS sensors?

If I was wrong in posting this question here, please let me know.

Thanks

Al

I'm currently running those wheels on my Outback as well. I would assume they fit because I think they are the same offset as the Legacy wheels.