LegacyGT.com

2016 Nav Manufacturer/Hacks

Fiatz79

Good Day,

Does anyone know who manufactures the 7" NAV unit in the 2016 Legacy?

Has anyone looked into mods or hacks for it?

(Would love to find a way to mute the turn by turn voice prompts).

Also has anyone looked into coding options for this car?

(I come from BMW land where certain functions can be coded through the ECU).

Thanks!

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

• 2 months later...

I assume this is developed by fujitsu-ten. I would also love to mute the turn-by-turn voice. no hacks that I'm aware of.

Good Day,

Does anyone know who manufactures the 7" NAV unit in the 2016 Legacy?

Has anyone looked into mods or hacks for it?

(Would love to find a way to mute the turn by turn voice prompts).

Also has anyone looked into coding options for this car?

(I come from BMW land where certain functions can be coded through the ECU).

Thanks!

on the 2015 you can turn the volume down when you go into the map and hit the menu button. There is a audio adjust,net on the bottom of the screen. You can also hit the volume when the voice starts and turn it up or down with that as well as long as it's talking when you do it.

Will this effectively mute the voice? I know you can turn it down, but there seems to be some voice that comes out. I would love to be able to mute the voice like I could on my 2013 legacy

on the 2015 you can turn the volume down when you go into the map and hit the menu button. There is a audio adjust,net on the bottom of the screen. You can also hit the volume when the voice starts and turn it up or down with that as well as long as it's talking when you do it.

It looks like there is no way to mute navigation. You can make it quiet by hitting the minus button on the nav screen but there is always a little nav voice that will come out and it will quiet whatever is playing while it gives the direction. oh well.. I use waze on a tablet anyway, so no biggie.. I hope mirrorlink adds waze to its capabilty.

I can turn mine all the way down to zero...haven't tried it yet to see if it'll stop cutting the music off honestly.

A safety feature of the Nav Unit in my 2016 Legacy prevents me from inputting data to adjust destinations while the vehicle is in motion. I do not want to do anything unsafe, but is there any way to disable this feature (even temporarily) to allow a passenger to change destinations or add stops while I am driving?

A safety feature of the Nav Unit in my 2016 Legacy prevents me from inputting data to adjust destinations while the vehicle is in motion. I do not want to do anything unsafe, but is there any way to disable this feature (even temporarily) to allow a passenger to change destinations or add stops while I am driving?

Not without splicing into the VSS wire. I haven't done it myself bu the hack involves putting in a 3-way switch.

VSS Sensor: Radio > Ground - to bypass the safety so you can make entries, then hit the switch to change back Radio > VSS for normal operation.

Archived