LegacyGT.com

2017 Legacy News and Rumors

dgoodhue

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone at a local subaru meet told me that you can have a dealer do the 6MT swap in the 3.6r and it's around 3-4k with a warranty.

I doubt that. There is a lot more to it than just switching out the actual physical tranny and adding a pedal. There isn't (to my knowledge) a 6MT offered with that engine in any iteration in the US.

I would be jaw-on-the-floor amazed if that had any truth to it.

I doubt that. There is a lot more to it than just switching out the actual physical tranny and adding a pedal. There isn't (to my knowledge) a 6MT offered with that engine in any iteration in the US.

I would be jaw-on-the-floor amazed if that had any truth to it.

The 6MT STI tranny mates directly to it

The 6MT STI tranny mates directly to it

:lol: Yup cars are like Legos, you just bolt major mechanical stuff up willy nilly and it all works great, nothing to it.

But seriously, if you have a source or some kind of proof I'll crown you victor in this minor internet disagreement.

It will likely bolt on to the engine, does not mean the conversion is over there. ECU needs to be told its MT car now, clutch needs to be installed, instrument cluster replaced and so on. And with all that 3-4K is too high for labor, too low for parts.

There have been numerous threads on this forum about converting AT cars to MT cars, with various success. AFAIK none was a clean factory-like conversion.

I would love to find out if 6th Gen made it easier. They do make 6MT Legacy for Canada.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

There isn't (to my knowledge) a 6MT offered with that engine in any iteration in the US.

I haven't seen an EZ36 mated to a 6MT in an official Subaru product anywhere in the world.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Definitely not for 2017. The normal 5 year generation cycle would put it for 2020. If Subaru was going to make an Easter update to the SGP I would think the earliest would be 2019. I read that the Forester is going to move the SGP in 2018 which is a year early that it's normal 5 year cycle.

Subaru certified the 2.5i engine, it does not have direct injection or 6mt. The 3.6 isn't filed yet.

It seems like 2017 will only be minor changes.

Does this mean it looks like the 3.6 will still be around for 2017 in the Legacy?

Thanks,

Al

Order banks are closed for 2016 Legacy and Outback. We will be able to place orders for 2017's on May 2nd

No more orders for 2016 Legacy's? When will the 2017's start arriving at Dealers?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

That is correct, the 2017's will not arrive at the dealer until July but the last orders for the 2016s have been made and when all 2016s are produced they have a plant shut down where they have to take care of a few things and after the 2017 orders are available they will begin production.

Does this mean it looks like the 3.6 will still be around for 2017 in the Legacy?

Yes, I believe that 3.6 will still be the optional engine. The paperwork for CARB probably just isn't finalized.

No more orders for 2016 Legacy's? When will the 2017's start arriving at Dealers?

Tomorrow is the last day for 2016 Legacy orders.

ok so i may be losing my mind here, but i feel like i saw a unicorn today. i was parallel parking in downtown portland oregon today and i caught in my sideview a 2016 legacy with sti badging. as it drove by i saw s402 badges. i was stunned i didn't realize there were s402 legacy's in the states.. I'm lost because I've been searching the internet for one and can't find information anywhere on a 2016 legacy s402. can any one point me to a thread or anything? i feel like I'm losing my mind.. This car was a beautiful bluish grey with 2016 sti style wheels and wing, and the bumper trim had red accents. The interesting part is that it had an oregon plate over euro plates.. was this car imported? please someone help me I'm in the market for a new car and after what i saw today my mind is set.

Wasn't S402 4th Gen only? The vehicle you saw could be just a badge job with exterior mods.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Has anyone heard any more news on the Legacy sport?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/subienews4u/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps26fazzos.jpeg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/subienews4u/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslbdgq68c.jpeg

Those wheels look poorly photoshopped on. What exactly would make it sport?

The Sport version exists in the EU already:

http://www.subaru.eu/docs/default-source/models-spec-sheets/14my_legacy_spec_ec.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Some minor trim details, 225 tires on 18 inch rims, Bilstein shocks but still a 2.5i engine.

Put a turbo on it and you have a "Spec B". :hide:

That is 5th generation Legacy wagon. The US 5th Gen sedan had similar sport package but w/o Bilsteins.

Archived