LegacyGT.com

2017 Legacy News and Rumors

dgoodhue

I wouldn't call that a sleeper. Everyone knows it has a powerful V8 under the hood and the flashy styling attracts attention.

One of the things that I like about my 5th gen is that it could be mistaken for a boring family sedan, but it still has it where it counts.

Not a sleeper? How could it not be? Scruit still thinks it's a Malibu or Impala, as do most other people. :lol:

Factory sleepers are usually easily spotted by car enthusiasts, but to the other 99%, anything that doesn't look fast might as well be a base model Corolla. That's the point of a sleeper, not to trick car enthusiasts, but to fool the rest of the world that the spendy 400+ hp car in the lane to their left is not all that dissimilar from the POS they're driving.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scat pack charger is a nice sleeper... tempting if it didnt feel like such a rental car on the inside. I do like the car though....... and for 40k for 485hp, and 0% for 72mo promotions most times of the year...

Not a sleeper? How could it not be? Scruit still thinks it's a Malibu or Impala, as do most other people. :lol:

Factory sleepers are usually easily spotted by car enthusiasts, but to the other 99%, anything that doesn't look fast might as well be a base model Corolla. That's the point of a sleeper, not to trick car enthusiasts, but to fool the rest of the world that the spendy 400+ hp car in the lane to their left is not all that dissimilar from the POS they're driving.

To me all the chrome and the "beefy" look shouts "I've got powah!"

It's a matter of opinion for sure.

http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014_chevrolet_ss_daytona.jpg

I'm well aware of the meaning of the term.

Are you suggesting the car above is not a sleeper?

Not a sleeper. Just bad taste if you are young. Too much chrome.

A real sleeper is any wagon with a trailer hitch and a roof rack.

453747.png

Yeah the SS is arguably the most sleeper-esque sleep on the market today.

And for everyone who's saying too much chrome, I really am not seeing that much... I mean apart from the wheels, my 6th gen Legacy comes with more chrome than that :|

Someone was talking to a SOA employee at NYIAS.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44286510&postcount=941

The H6 engine will be phased out quickly across all Subarus. The Outback and Legacy will soon get the 2.0 DIT to replace the 3.6R trim lines very soon (probably midcycle refresh). The Tribeca replacement will also be powered by a tubo 4.

This isn't a shocker, but it's a bummer. I assume SOA will keep the H6 around long enough until the 7th Gen. I am going to test drive the 2017 Impreza this fall, once Shortline takes delivery. Hopefully in Spring 2017, I'll have a choice for a 3.6r Legacy if I don't want the Impreza... Crossing fingers!

That's terrible news about the H6 being discontinued.... I won't own another 4 cylinder so this might get interesting.. :(

You're options are dwindling. Did you hear that Volvo is switching to only I4s? I wouldn't be surprised to hear about other manufacturers doing the same.

You're options are dwindling. Did you hear that Volvo is switching to only I4s? I wouldn't be surprised to hear about other manufacturers doing the same.

Volvo is even considering to make I3s too in order to become even more fuel efficient.

453747.png

why do you prefer H6 over 2.0 DIT ?

I guess I just prefer the guaranteed power.. I don't want to have to struggle going up an incline or even remotely feel the engine under stress...

I've only ever had v8's and took the drop the the h6 because I enjoyed it's performance, but if Subaru really goes all 4 cylinders, it's going to be rough....

The 2.5i in the Legacy honestly is too small for that car. Add 3 more people into the vehicle and you can hear it stress.. I also wasn't particularly impressed with the Forester XT with the 2.0... We test drove that for lulz, and left it at that.

I guess the Audi s4 will always be an option..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

the 2.0 DIT is more powerful and has a much wider powerband than the H6. The H6 almost feels laggy because it makes its power so high in the rpm range. The Forester XT is nearly 2 seconds faster 0-60 than the Outback 3.6 and they weigh about the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess I just prefer the guaranteed power.. I don't want to have to struggle going up an incline or even remotely feel the engine under stress...

I've only ever had v8's and took the drop the the h6 because I enjoyed it's performance, but if Subaru really goes all 4 cylinders, it's going to be rough....

The 2.5i in the Legacy honestly is too small for that car. Add 3 more people into the vehicle and you can hear it stress.. I also wasn't particularly impressed with the Forester XT with the 2.0... We test drove that for lulz, and left it at that.

I guess the Audi s4 will always be an option..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Huh, I had like the exact opposite reaction. I don't like waiting for a downshift to build power. With my LGT on the highway in sixth the difference between vacuum and 10psi is a twitch of the throttle. Downshifting is almost always overkill in that scenario.

I hear the FA20 dit is pretty similar at stage 1.

Here are the numbers I am seeing (0-60 and 1/4 mile):

Forester XT 2016 (3691lbs) - link

6.3sec

15.0 @ 97mph

Outback 3.6R 2015 (3876lbs) - link

6.9sec

15.4 @ 94mph

Legacy 3.6R 2015 (3725lbs) - link

7.1sec

15.5 @ 94mph

That has to be the only 3.6R to break the 6's in 0-60. The car is 7.3-7.4 everywhere else. Weird that car and driver had faster times an Outback than a lighter Legacy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's terrible. The 5EAT 3.6 Legacy's hit 60 in around 6.3 seconds...they made them slower. I'm sure they're gonna get rid of the H6. I was at the dealership recently and the salesman said at a meeting they just had, was talk of a turbo Legacy Sport. I'm just taking it as a rumor right now but I wouldn't see why they couldn't make this happen sooner rather than later. I'd be willing to bet it'd be the 2.0DIT.

Archived