LegacyGT.com

2017 Legacy News and Rumors

dgoodhue

The only short coming I have with Subaru, the crappy dealership in Chattanooga. Dealing with them is almost bad enough to make me want to sell my GT now...

It's amazing how much a dealer can affect the way we perceive an automobile and it's sad that they don't seem to care in the worst cases.

I'm sorry you have a less than desirable dealer to mess with. If it were me I'd travel to get a better experience. Often times the next nearest dealer is familiar with the stories customers share when they arrive and sympathize with the customer, trying hard to help them and gain them as a customer.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's amazing how much a dealer can affect the way we perceive an automobile and it's sad that they don't seem to care in the worst cases.

I'm sorry you have a less than desirable dealer to mess with. If it were me I'd travel to get a better experience. Often times the next nearest dealer is familiar with the stories customers share when they arrive and sympathize with the customer, trying hard to help them and gain them as a customer.

You are so right. I have really thought about going to a different dealership. The only problem with that, is that the closest one is 90+ minutes the opposite direction from anything else. So in order for me to take it to them, I would have to take a day off of work and travel there after I drop off all 3 kids.

When I get back next week, I get to go to the dealership to have a problem fixed with fueling. It is the 6th trip for the same problem.. Anyone else experience fueling problems?

I would place the majority of the blame on the crap management, as the staff is obviously short handed and poorly supported by their supervisors.

Even with all this, I am still anxiously awaiting information about the forth coming 3 row SUV/CUV. Provided it provides enough utility for the family travels, the only selling I have to do is the wife on the overall experience when considering the local dealership as part of the equation.

It's lucky for Subaru that the cars sell themselves and have loyal followers. It's also unfortunate because it provides little motivation for Subaru to pressure it's dealers into better service and customer experience.

very true in my city. the Manchester dealership prides itself as the one that sells more than anyone else in New England. At the same time they have the lowest google rating in the area. My personal experience was horrible enough to lead me to seek other dealerships in the area even for an oil change. Last weekend met a former employee of that dealership - he told me he drives by that dealership with a smile now, happy he is no longer working there. Owner and management is the problem. But since the car is selling there is no way anything will change.

I expect the 1.6L turbo to replace the 2.5L in the next several years. I doubt any changes to the 2.5L will come. It's old.

Different issue. Downsizing 6 cylinders into direct injected turbo 4 cylinders is an industry trend. It helps with fuel economy and emissions. Subaru is behind the times by using a 6 instead of a turbo 4 as it is in the Legacy and Outback. The 2.0 DIT makes more horsepower and torque than the 3.6R and has a meatier powerband as well. I'd imagine something bigger than that would be on tap for a Tribeca replacement.

The Ford Explorer, new Volvo XC-90, and New Mazda CX-9 all use 4 cylinder turbos.

Ah. Yes. I agree. If I didn't imply it above, kind of counting on a turbo 4 in the next Outback. Planning to have the vehicle a long time.

Oh and I get 39 MPG highway with my 2.0L....if I hold 65 MPH.

I haven't read about any new rumors about the 2017 Legacy. In one week will be the NYIAS (which is also the last major auto show). I would suspect if Subaru is going make any significant changes that it will released there.

I expect the 1.6L turbo to replace the 2.5L in the next several years. I doubt any changes to the 2.5L will come. It's old.

The 2.5 isn't old. It showed up in 2011. I think it's a toss up between a 1.6l turbo or a normally aspirated engine with direct injection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't the 2L engine in the Impreza supposed to be showing up with DI for 2017? Wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing for the 2.5 in the 2017 Legacy/Outback/Forester - maybe with a power bump, but more likely with just a fuel economy bump...

I'm curious what's in store for the STi... I can't believe they'll continue running the EJ25 for another year... though maybe they will...

Isn't the 2L engine in the Impreza supposed to be showing up with DI for 2017? Wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing for the 2.5 in the 2017 Legacy/Outback/Forester - maybe with a power bump, but more likely with just a fuel economy bump...

I'm curious what's in store for the STi... I can't believe they'll continue running the EJ25 for another year... though maybe they will...

The STi for 2017 is likely going to be the EJ257 again. Someone on NASIOC, found a CARB application for the 2017 STi. It is 2.5L motor without direct injection.

I've been toying with the idea of a new car and the WRX / STi are clear favorites due to the only stickshift left in the lineup (BRZ ain't a soobie AFAIAC)

The STI is meh because the ride is too stiff and boy racerish. I've become accustomed to the comfort of the legacy.

What I need is a 6cyl DIT 6MT Legacy for 2018. Subaru - make it happen plz.

I hear you and have the same sentiment about STi- too childish for me. Besides, no wagon or even hatch even in WRX/STI line.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

If any big changes are going to happen for the beginning of the 2017 production run, today will be the day that it will be released at NYIAS.

My intuition is that it will be the nearly same as 2016.

What I need is a 6cyl DIT 6MT Legacy for 2018. Subaru - make it happen plz.

Agreed. What I am looking for is a great sleeper car. I am looking for something that will not appear fast, but will be fast.

I guess I am looking for Usain Bolt in a suit.

usain-bolt-in-suit.jpg.02fdadec7302e876b18ca06be0561435.jpg

bolt0819.thumb.jpg.ac59b10d9e704838cec33eb4f7373b58.jpg

Agreed. What I am looking for is a great sleeper car. I am looking for something that will not appear fast, but will be fast.

I guess I am looking for Usain Bolt in a suit.

LOLOL hahaha. Agreed!

Are you suggesting the car above is not a sleeper?

I wouldn't call that a sleeper. Everyone knows it has a powerful V8 under the hood and the flashy styling attracts attention.

One of the things that I like about my 5th gen is that it could be mistaken for a boring family sedan, but it still has it where it counts.

I guess i didn't see any SS badge and figured this as the 2.0T

actually I hadn't heard about the 2.0T. I just don't care for how flashy it is at all, but then I'm a silver car kind of guy.

Archived