LegacyGT.com

2017 Legacy News and Rumors

dgoodhue

Cost cutting items keeps their prices down. Ford may make 10 different bumpers but Subaru coil springs don't break. Subaru cuts cost on frivolous items, not on the quality of parts they use. Ford can afford the "nicer" features you see on their vehicles due to the cost cutting of items you don't see. I use the coil springs as an example because it's a well known fact that they break and break a lot. It may not be true for all their current models but time will tell. You really can't compare Ford to Subaru from a quality automobile standpoint if you know what you are looking at. No matter how many times you polish a turd, it's still a turd. Ford and Chevy have to lure customers in this way because they know most aren't buying their vehicles because they are reliable.

That's interesting. I know people who've gone 200k+ miles in Fords, but I don't really know what they had to put into 'em. Styling wise Ford is winning these days! I love the Fusion and Focus. Here's my brother's car behind the 'ol Legacy at a family gathering!

1881659654_20160611_174944(2).thumb.jpg.14c2aecc6c4b4c47d9ed071dd783d1ab.jpg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please go buy a Focus :lol: The same Focus rated top 10 worst cars to buy mainly based on reliability. Look dude, we can dispute all day long. I'm basing my claims on the thousands of cars I've worked on in my life. Fords are pieces of shit and they could not pay me to drive one. I too have seen some over 200k and even 300k but that has been their Diesel trucks. You buy a vehicle based on style, I prefer style and reliability. I'm done feeding into your Ford fanboyism. Go buy a Ford, thousands of technicians around the country rely on you so we can put food on our table.

Chillax man! I'm just saying I like the looks of their cars, and I wish Subaru would start to make their production cars look more like their concepts. The new Impreza is ok, but still not as nice looking as the 4th gen Legacy imo. I do wonder if the thin sheetmetal is part of why Subarus tend to look so angular and slab sided. I know they need to do something to keep fuel economy competitive despite AWD, but it's all about tradeoffs. Save money on fuel, spend it on paintless dent repair I guess! :)

Subaru has to satisfy the world market, not just North America. Ford can afford to have different styling on the North American models and the European models.

Can it? The Fusion is now on the global Mondeo platform, and is in fact the same car. Focus is finally the good Euro version too and not an inferior North American platform. I have heard the horror stories about the Focus dual clutch automatic though. Anyway, I am interested in insights into mechanical design and quality. It will certainly help to inform my future car buying decisions, so I'm not by any means dismissing the critique of Ford.

Styling wise Ford is winning these days! I love the Fusion and Focus. Here's my brother's car behind the 'ol Legacy at a family gathering!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=231914&d=1465741808

Even 12 years after it was designed, 4th gen Legacy still looks better than Ford. Sorry but the Ford is just plan fugly.

Why are you wasting everybody's time here trying to prove Ford is somehow better?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

please get a job and replace your Legacy with something not a Subaru so we can quit having to read you pine and whine.

I like to think I'm offering constructive feedback. If Subaru is hiring, I have some great ideas for their cars! And for someone who works for Subaru, as I gather you do, you're being a terrible ambassador.

And I don't think I've posted frequently in recent months, or over the last couple of years even, but whatever. It's your playground, so I shall exit as you wish.

Why are you wasting everybody's time here trying to prove Ford is somehow better?

I'm more expressing my frustration that Subaru abandoned the performance/sport niche while Ford is producing turbocharged sport models of cars like the Fusion. I pick Ford because I like the Fusion and it's one of the few other midsize cars available with AWD. The Chrysler 200 redesign seemed like an okay effort to get in the game, but now I see that car is already getting axed. Anyway, I guess it's a product strategy choice by Subaru management, and the reason that Subaru ads are all aimed and soccer moms while Ken Block drives Fords and not Subarus now. I'd like to see Subaru get back in that game, but if it isn't profitable enough, well, it is what it is. However, I thought the point of a forum was to discuss and debate. This is LegacyGT.com after all. I don't have a GT but I always thought I'd upgrade to a turbo Legacy one day until they did away with it. I'd love a credible alternative to a BMW 3 Series or Audi A4 with the reliability and affordability of a Subaru! That's what I'm pining for.

And I agree, even 12 years after it was designed, the 4th gen Legacy still looks pretty good! They did a really nice job with the 3rd and particularly the 4th gen Legacy design imo.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=231914&d=1465741808

Even 12 years after it was designed, 4th gen Legacy still looks better than Ford. Sorry but the Ford is just plan fugly.

The Ford looks almost like the Prius in the background, and it seems like it has a very bad ceiling height in the back seat making it suitable only for dwarfs and kids.

453747.png

I like to think I'm offering constructive feedback. If Subaru is hiring, I have some great ideas for their cars! And for someone who works for Subaru, as I gather you do, you're being a terrible ambassador.

And I don't think I've posted frequently in recent months, or over the last couple of years even, but whatever. It's your playground, so I shall exit as you wish.

I don't, and good thing for all of us. If I did, I wouldn't recommend you for anything.

I'm more expressing my frustration that Subaru abandoned the performance/sport niche while Ford is producing turbocharged sport models of cars like the Fusion. I pick Ford because I like the Fusion and it's one of the few other midsize cars available with AWD. The Chrysler 200 redesign seemed like an okay effort to get in the game, but now I see that car is already getting axed. Anyway, I guess it's a product strategy choice by Subaru management, and the reason that Subaru ads are all aimed and soccer moms while Ken Block drives Fords and not Subarus now. I'd like to see Subaru get back in that game, but if it isn't profitable enough, well, it is what it is. However, I thought the point of a forum was to discuss and debate. This is LegacyGT.com after all. I don't have a GT but I always thought I'd upgrade to a turbo Legacy one day until they did away with it. I'd love a credible alternative to a BMW 3 Series or Audi A4 with the reliability and affordability of a Subaru! That's what I'm pining for.

And I agree, even 12 years after it was designed, the 4th gen Legacy still looks pretty good! They did a really nice job with the 3rd and particularly the 4th gen Legacy design imo.

Ken Block drives Ford because Ford offered him more money. Real rally drivers like the two Higgins drive Subarus. Pastrana still drives Subaru.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Subaru is looking to become more mainstream and as such, they are calculating where best their money is spent..... Right now they are so strapped for production capacity it isn't even funny.

Honda still does racing but you cannot even find a hint of it in the new accord, civic, or TLX. The 94-97 accord and to a large extent the 98-02 Accords were FUN cars to drive due to double wishbones up front. Today's Accord drives nothing like those cars do...

I'm hoping Subaru gets into the truck market. They need to convince Toyota to hand over that solid power plant and build around it. Make them somewhere in America since we love our trucks so much. Toyota and Subaru could combine and compete if they try.

I'm hoping Subaru gets into the truck market. They need to convince Toyota to hand over that solid power plant and build around it. Make them somewhere in America since we love our trucks so much. Toyota and Subaru could combine and compete if they try.

wtf no

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm hoping subaru gets into the truck market. They need to convince toyota to hand over that solid power plant and build around it. Make them somewhere in america since we love our trucks so much. Toyota and subaru could combine and compete if they try.

screw that, take the 5.7 out of the tundra, turbo it, slap it into a legacy, and romp on s6's

Subaru is looking to become more mainstream and as such, they are calculating where best their money is spent..... Right now they are so strapped for production capacity it isn't even funny.

So, there's just no incentive to revive a Legacy GT I suppose. I hope someday that changes.

"A far cry from the turbocharged Subaru Legacy 2.5GT, the new 2017 Subaru Legacy Sport is sporty in appearance only."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/subaru-legacy-gets-sporty-outback-goes-touring-for-2017/

Clearly Subaru can still build a car with some cajones:

And maybe the future holds some promise:

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifth-gen-subaru-impreza-features-exciting-new-design

Archived