LegacyGT.com

R&T: Eight Cars That Need a Performance Version

And the Outback XT was also dropped. It looks like you chose the 3.0R over the 2.5XT. Any reason why? And as you already know, the BL/BP overlap between the other models and between the Legacy and Outback was ridiculous. For $30k you could get into a loaded turbo model, any model. And they were all basically the same size inside. I don't think the same would be true in this instance. Mainly because a Legacy GT wagon wouldn't be a crashy suspended tiny tire competitor with the softer more compliant Outback XT sitting right next to it for virtually the same price with the same drivetrain. That dynamic doesn't exist anymore. Sure, people would buy a Legacy GT wagon over a 3.6R Outback. As rightly they should! It's a FAR SUPERIOR product just in the AWD system alone. Add the low and mid torque resulting in quicker acceleration and better real world mileage. But they wouldn't be getting a crappy ride relatively as they did before and maintain the utilitarian function of a wagon.

And it's not 2007. Subaru/SOA is not the same company. When Subaru was desperate to save money because the 2009 Forester hadn't dropped yet, they started chopping models and trims. Not disagreeing with their decisions, just sayin.

The car in my profile is a 3.0 VDC. It was lowered. I'm not against the Outback, I'm against having to lower the damn things because I don't need and extra 4 inches of clearance. Had two Forester XT's I also lowered. Serves me zero purpose. My BM Legacy was as high as that Outback on stock suspension! Who needs to be higher? Given a choice between the two, in their current form, with different drivetrains and different packaging, I think they differentiate themselves enough to serve the consumer who have different tastes and uses for a 5 door wagon. Throw a turbo in it, and those differences become obvious. In 2007, not so obvious.

The Subaru Levorg is a mid-size car manufactured since 2014 by Fuji Heavy Industries and sold under the Subaru brand. According to Subaru, the name Levorg is a combination of three words, LEgacy, reVOlution, touRinG[1] The Levorg shares its platform with the Impreza, and the Legacy.

For Subaru's purposes, and according to by previous post on what Subaru says themselves, yes! It's also a WRX S4 5 door hatch AND Impreza wagon. It's a frankencar serving triple duty. The WRX S4 sedan we are not talking about also replaced the Legacy B4 DIT. Subaru changed things up to differentiate sport models and utility models for other markets. "Revolution." USDM is on its own trajectory which your arguments stem from. Clearly.

I'll take a Levorg OR a supersized 6th gen Legacy GT wagon. Today. I wouldn't necessarily take an Outback XT though. BAH, ok, you got me. I thought about it. I would. Just no on the roof rails and keep it monotone and lower and inch or two. I didn't see Outback as an option in the RT piece, tho. lol

• 3 weeks later...
I love my 8+ inch ground clearance in my xt. Would buy a new xt if available. Not everyone wants to drop their cars to the ground.

This, precisely why I got the newer Outback, need ground clearance for off roading and snow, lets not forget the space for the kids. The other day I was telling the wife how I would love to have a turbo 2010+ Outback, would actually sell the the 4th gen LGT for one...

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived