LegacyGT.com

Gas smell in cabin fixed! But now running rough

It all started last Tuesday my wife complained about gas smell in the morning, right away I took to google and figured it was the crappy gear clamps from factory were broken or not tight, fast forward to last night. Decided to replace all gear clamps with new ones which required removal of intercooler, alternator and plastic intake in order to get to all the lines. I want to add this was a royal pita, but I was invested. I was able to get it all back together and all seemed to be fixed. Last night I was on my way home and the car was running very rough at idle at red lights around 500-600 range rpm, then the check engine light came on and the cruise light was flashing. I looked on my AP v3 and said fuel too lean, misfire on 1,2,3,4 cylinders. At this point I was home and it was late. Morning time looked at the car no error codes car still has rough idle my feedback knock is up to 6.0 and my fine knock learn is at 2.0. I decided to take the intercooler off to see if I missed something or something leaking. Didn't find anything I did find however, that tube feeding the throttle body from the inter cooler had about a teaspoon of oil on the bottom, I noticed last night that it was oily to

The touch but didn't think any of it. Anyways just need some advice my car is currantly stage 1+ nothing else has been done I was running economy mode as well as stage 1+ acn91 map as I'm in Canada and I'm getting same results. Car is 2005 legacy gt 2.5 wagon

Thanks for the feed back guys

Little update!! I was able to take the intercooler off and take alook behind the motor at the mess of hoses on the light and I noticed the bigger hose that goes from the turbo inlet wasn't connected I was able to get it back on everything seemed to run alright but seems like I am not boosting fully only to like 10 psi. Also this morning I got the error code again stating lean fuel bank one. Any ideas ???

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, just inspected them lubed them up a bit with oil and put it back together. Also the problem was a vacuum hose was disconnected from the throttle body that was only caught and found on the leak/smoke test, also got them to do a compression test,leak down test, replace timing belt,water pump,Coolent flush,oil change,spark plugs,install Cobb do, as well as GS up pipe, aliment and replace lower ball joints with white line and both front drive shafts they were spitting alittle grease. Lol lets just say to all noob legacy buyers out there think twice before purchasing haha

If you have the black o-rings and not the larger orange one's at the TGV to intake, you might want to fix that. That will cause idle problems when cold. I'm surprised they have not been changed by new. I had to replace mind after about 5 years.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived