LegacyGT.com

Jonny's flared 2005 LGT Wagon Build

The Korean

02 April 2017

I honestly suck at keeping this updated on the forum and I apologize. The wagon has come along way since I first bought it back at the end of 2013 with 83k... it's even come a long way since I last posted in this thread.

I'll start off with a brief history about the car. I'm technically the 3rd owner. Not too much info on the 1st owner except it was bought it Texas, but the 2nd owner was a 65 year old gentleman in PA that bought it with 16k. He only drove it to lunch or Tail of the Dragon on the East Coast if it wasn't raining or snowing and if the roads were dry. Besides that, it sat in his garage and was cleaned on a weekly basis. The only upgrade he did to the car was DBA 5000 vented and slotted front rotors because he didn't like the feeling of the brakes after doing the Tail of the Dragon 13 times. I bought it off him around the 83k mark due to his clutch leg bothering him from a previous motorcycle accident.

This is my 6th Subaru (4th Legacy Wagon) and my first time doing a street car (previous build was a lifted Gravel Express replica GF wagon). The wagon isn't for everyone, but it's my daily driver as well as show car. Big thanks to everyone that has helped me thus far with this project wagon. Anyways, enough of my ramblings... here's the updated mod list. Everything in red is currently being installed as we speak (02 April 2017). We started on the swap on the 29th of March 2017. I'll get pictures of parts and of the tear down at sometime in the very near future. However, if you are itching to see the progress, my instagram is @jonnywalk3r and everything is up to date on that...:lol:

Engine and Performance

EJ20Y from a JDM 07 Legacy GT sedan

OEM VF45 Twin Scroll Turbo

OEM JDM EL Headers

OEM JDM Twin Scroll Downpipe

JDM Wiring Harness and ECU

JDM Zerosports Intake Pipe and Filter

Dual Prodrive Oval Tip Mufflers

Custom Midpipe

Catless Uppipe

JDM Zerosports Intercooler Splitter

JDM Battery and ABS Covers

JDM K2 Gear Radiator Shroud

Suspension

ISC N1 Coilovers

Whiteline Bushings... everywhere

Megan Racing adjustable rear lower control arms

JDM Aluminum Control Arms

JDM Aluminum Trailing Arms

Brakes

DBA 5000 Drilled and Slotted Front Rotors

DBA 4000 Drilled and Slotted Rear Rotors

Exterior

02/03 WRX OEM 3 Piece Front Lip

JDM ARC Carbon Fiber Scoop Extension

JDM Varis Brake Ducts

JDM Wagon Rainguards

JDM Aero Spats

JDM Zerosports Aero Spats - in front of rear tires

Fender Flares - Custom and Paint Matched

Forceworks Voltex Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser – Paint Matched

JDM Legacy Sport Grill

JDM L7 Badge Overlay

JDM Delta Speed Wagon Wing

JDM Hanabi Smoked LED Taillights

Classy Retrofits Dual HID Custom Headlights

Four Wheel Direct 4” LED Pods

Custom Lamin-X Headlight and pod covers

Interior

RHD Dash Swap from a JDM 07 Legacy GT Sedan

Prodrive Black Shift Knob

Prodrive Floor Mats

JDM Information Relocation Kit

JDM Nav Bezel with Visor Kit

2013 Nexus 7 Carputer

JDM Double Din Dash Kit

JDM Red Hazard Button

VBG1 Vent Gauge

Sound

JL Audio W7 10” Subwoofer

BOSS 1700.5 Amplifier

Capacitor

JL Audio Wires

Wheels

18x9.5 +22 5x100 Work Meister SP1's - Custom one off set

Tires

255/35/18 Hankook Venus V12 Evo

Team

Nom Nom Squad

Sponsors

RTechniques

DBA USA

Whiteline Suspension

Vapor Craze Long Beach

Shops

Tino's Automotive - Washington

Suba Peformance - Colorado

AQ Motorsports - SoCal

EDO Performance - SoCal

Near Future Mods

JDM Beatrush products by Laile - ordering the entire catalog of BL/BP chassis/suspension parts (EDO Performance is currently drafting up the order with Beatrush)

Exedy Stage 2 Clutch

Kartboy Short Shifter Kit

Bam Weighed Shift Knob

Tuning

Once the wagon is finished with the swap it will be taken to Steve down at HMS in Portland, OR.

December 2013: The day I made it to SoCal after getting a wash and detail

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 69KB. http://legacygt.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x577 and weights 69KB.http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Jonthekorean/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20131220_163304_575_zps42b7018c.jpg

March 2017

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576 and weights 491KB.http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Jonthekorean/Wagon_zpsrsqghpta.jpg

Edited by The Korean

Taken at some point between 2015 and 2016

Most Current Front Shot

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Jonthekorean/Mobile%20Uploads/received_10100565582046563_zpsvnwk2wfr.jpg

Rear Shot

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr120/Jonthekorean/Mobile%20Uploads/20151010_100452_zps4wijlhdh.jpg

Edited by The Korean

Let's see the interior too.

I put in aftermarket amplifiers, sub woofer and Morel Tempo speakers and was disappointed with the sound. That 2005 stock head unit is so muted, I don't think it can do justice to your aftermarket audio. I've heard the 2007 head unit is much better, or the cleansweep or JDM route is necessary to get past that stock equalization

Edited by ashwinearl

• 3 weeks later...
Nice whip....any chance that car would come over back to the east coast? LOL

Thanks man, as funny as this sounds, it might come to you in New York maybe this summer. I'm not sure where I'm transferring for work yet, but I did put in for New York.

All,

Just got a computer so hoping now to keep this a smidge more updated. At the moment, nothing new. New wheels and some various JDM parts coming soon. Also, suspension bits will be ordered around tax return time. Engine wise... well I have two options depending on where my new job takes me.

Next thing you know you're going to be buying a nice camera to take more pictures of your wagon! Hopefully you stay on the west coast though! would hate to see such a clean wagon end up in the rust states!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Can we see a pic (a non-angled straight on or a slightly above hood/bumper pic) of the front 3 piece wrx lip on the car. Similar to ChuckHaller's profile pic? I just want to get a feel for the lines blending in with the bumper. Way to think outside the box, awesome wagon!

He got them from me. I order them in set of five and sell them to people who find me via word of mouth. Same ones installed on my car and the quality and fitment on the lego is amazing.

Can you send me a pm with a price shipped to Canada

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...