LegacyGT.com

replacing rear window antenna with mast antenna in 2010 legacy

Firetox

Couple of months ago the radio reception just dropped. Places where normally you would get full reception now just drop. So im wondering if I can replace using the back glass antenna with a mast style antenna. Has anyone tried this? I had the dealer check all the connections and they said everything was fine including the amplifier. And I keep reading how bad the reception is in these cars anyway

I agree, my 08 has barely adequate reception. I was thinking a 12" rubber Euro look antenna mounted on the roof near the back window wouldn't look amiss. I haven't investigated to see if it would get in the way of the moonroof gizmo yet. I wouldn't do a fender mount antenna, they look rather dated nowadays.

If you can see them, make sure the solder joints between the wires and the pads on the windshield are good. I had a rear defroster crap out on a different car a few years back, just had to resolder one side. Doesn't help much with your external antenna quest, but it could get you back up and running in the interim.

Archived