LegacyGT.com

Vf52 dyno

Had my car Protuned at RT Tuning, just north of Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Mustang dyno

60 degrees or so in the shop

Stock hp unknown, typical stage 2 wrx's with vf52 make about 310hp and 330ftlbs on this dyno.

2005 Legacy 2.5i auto swapped with full 2005 Legacy GT manual swap

http://i60.tinypic.com/24cxksp.jpg

Surprised to make 330hp at 5020rpm and 382ftlbs 4400 rpm at 21.5 psi on 93 octane. I also asked for a slightly detuned map for 5th gear highway blasts, that made 324whp and 360ftlbs.

Bolt ons/engine- vf52, invidia uppipe, catted downpipe, Apexi World Sport2 cbe (quality piece, very quite. Surprised I haven't seen more people use this). Grimmspeed tmic,turbosmart kompact bpv, avo turbo inlet, Cobb sf with airbox, tgvs deleted, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs. Dw740 side feeds, walbro 255, 2007 sti fpr. Ixiz aos, ngk LFR7AIX plugs

Ej255, refreshed with stock crank and rods. Wiseco 99.5mm pistons 19mm dish. About 8.5:1cr WSC-K598M995AP King main and rod bearings, 11mm oil pump. Arp2000 head studs, oem subaru hg. Refreshed Stock b25 heads, cams and springs.Mercedes 229.5 5w40 mobile1

Stock LGT 5 Speed, Moores blast plates, factory single mass flywheel stock replacement Exedy clutch.

• 2 weeks later...

Same ballpark as my car made, it was CTLex's car, I think the engine mods are:

perrin tmic

avo tb hose

vf52 turbo

cobb catted down pipe

perrin catback

perrin catch can

dw 740 injectors

dw 65 fuel pump

Killer B Holyheader & up pipe

cobb radiator cover plate

removed banjo bolt filter

act hd clutch w/ 07 wrx flywheel

gfb diverter valve/bov

underdrive crank pulley

AccesPort v3

Grimmspeed electronic boost controller

AEM (I think) 3in intake

killer b oil pickup and windage tray

optima red top

primitive racing skid plate

The boost controller, AP, headers, & intake were my additions, everything else came in the car. I had ECS in Windosr tune it for me...

Car made 317 awhp & 348 awtq last March, probably in the mid 30's temperature wise, was running 93 octane, I can't remember what kind of dyno they have over there.

• 3 months later...
I would esitimate high 13's, low 14's with good driving. I will have a similar setup as well come spring. I will be hitting the 1/4 mile at some point in the summer too. I'm installing a VF52 because dollar for dollar and for sheer simplicity (both tuning and installation, supporting mods needed etc.) its probably the most fun daily drivable turbo you can run. For daily driving it really does give you more for less.

No times on current setup. Went 13.4 with a 1.9 second 60 foot at 103mph on stock intake,stock injectors,stock tmic and my tune on 18psi tapering to 14 psi which I estimated at about 260 to 270whp. I've only had 3 passes in the car at the time. Also,the stock 2.5i rear diff/bushings were clunking so bad on the shift it was picking it up as knock and pulling as much as 6 degrees out lol. Since then I've fixed that, gotten a little better at launching and flat shifting. I'm hoping for a mid..ish 12. Feels like it has a 110ish trap speed in it based on cars I've driven and umm...raced... Couple more weeks and I'll have a real time slip.

I would esitimate high 13's, low 14's with good driving. I will have a similar setup as well come spring. I will be hitting the 1/4 mile at some point in the summer too. I'm installing a VF52 because dollar for dollar and for sheer simplicity (both tuning and installation, supporting mods needed etc.) its probably the most fun daily drivable turbo you can run. For daily driving it really does give you more for less.

Those times are had on bone stock manual LGTs

Might wanna start saving for a new clutch lol a stock replacement isn't gonna last. (Well mine didn't at least) I went with a southbend and I love it compared to the stock clutch

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

With good Drivers yes but with a 52 or a 16G those times will not significantly improve.
where are you getting that from? Your initial estimate of high 13's low 14's is off a bit..it will be faster than my 13.4 with 70 more hp, ffs and lc. I'm going to the track Sunday so I'll post my results.

Might wanna start saving for a new clutch lol a stock replacement isn't gonna last. (Well mine didn't at least) I went with a southbend and I love it compared to the stock clutch

We'll see. Shes holding solid still with a hard 11k miles on it lol

Yea I have to agree the OP's car will run mid to high 12's with a good driver. My Wagon ran 13.8 many years ago before all the tuning and mods. Just on a MBC.

It will run a high 12 now just by the feel and having had a car for many years that was that fast.

BTW it ran the 13.8 at LVDW in NY.

We also ran the civic in the avatar at 9.85 there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

I agree apexi is high quality stuff how many tips is it?

I love my apexi RS exhaust it is on my supra though but it has big piping while still staying quiet driving around and great when wide open

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With that hp you definitely could be in the 12s.

My car dynoed at 339hp / 360 ft lbs (corrected) and I ran a 13.2 @ 106.5 at full Limited weight (3500+ lbs). Granted I'm in Denver and things are different at our altitude, but it's a fair comparison. The mphs were plenty for 12s, if only the driver were better.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
Had my car Protuned at RT Tuning, just north of Philadelphia Pennsylvania.

Mustang dyno

60 degrees or so in the shop

Stock hp unknown, typical stage 2 wrx's with vf52 make about 310hp and 330ftlbs on this dyno.

2005 Legacy 2.5i auto swapped with full 2005 Legacy GT manual swap

http://i60.tinypic.com/24cxksp.jpg

Surprised to make 330hp at 5020rpm and 382ftlbs 4400 rpm at 21.5 psi on 93 octane. I also asked for a slightly detuned map for 5th gear highway blasts, that made 324whp and 360ftlbs.

Bolt ons/engine- vf52, invidia uppipe, catted downpipe, Apexi World Sport2 cbe (quality piece, very quite. Surprised I haven't seen more people use this). Grimmspeed tmic,turbosmart kompact bpv, avo turbo inlet, Cobb sf with airbox, tgvs deleted, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs. Dw740 side feeds, walbro 255, 2007 sti fpr. Ixiz aos, ngk LFR7AIX plugs

Ej255, refreshed with stock crank and rods. Wiseco 99.5mm pistons 19mm dish. About 8.5:1cr WSC-K598M995AP King main and rod bearings, 11mm oil pump. Arp2000 head studs, oem subaru hg. Refreshed Stock b25 heads, cams and springs.Mercedes 229.5 5w40 mobile1

Stock LGT 5 Speed, Moores blast plates, factory single mass flywheel stock replacement Exedy clutch.

What all was involved in the transmission swap??

What all was involved in the transmission swap??

Lot's more then its worth IMO. There are threads about it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 months later...

Archived