LegacyGT.com

Who else love's their Tuning Alliance tune ?

Max Capacity

Although word on the street is, TA is looking for potential locations

location, location, location the 3 most important things.

Good Luck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only a handful of logical markets... the CT/NY/MA tri-state has a huge Suby population, just like OR and CO. VT/NH/ME have a high per-capita, but nobody lives there. Throw in CA too, but for the opposite reasons. Doesn't sound like you guys want to go across the country, so CT area is probably the best place to be.

I vote Danbury or Stamford area; closer to me :D

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

There are only a handful of logical markets... the CT/NY/MA tri-state has a huge Suby population, just like OR and CO. VT/NH/ME have a high per-capita, but nobody lives there. Throw in CA too, but for the opposite reasons. Doesn't sound like you guys want to go across the country, so CT area is probably the best place to be.

I vote Danbury or Stamford area; closer to me :D

No, there are plenty of good places he can rent right where he is...!:trolls:

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure Mike wants this out there, but I hate changing plugs on these cars so much, I pay him to do it. Hint, Hint.

Plugs are done (total PITA) and the logging has begun.

No, there are plenty of good places he can rent right where he is...!:trolls:

+1

location, location, location the 3 most important things.

Good Luck.

Please! Within 2hrs driving distance of Utica NY

Probably just across the NY border as there are restrictions on shops installing up pipes/downpipes.

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone would mind posting any review on here about TA on NASIOC. We've recently re-activated our vendor membership there, make our legacy game known!! Appreciate any help in advance guys, you're great!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44515583&posted=1#post44515583

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just put my TA tune on for the BNR 16G turbo, Grimmspeed EBCS, and Invidia catless DP and WOW what a difference. And this is the low boost turbo break in tune.... :D Mike has been great through this whole process and I look forward to working with him on the revisions!

Another satisfied customer here! My vf40 needed to be replaced and I found a good deal on a vf52 so I went ahead and went from stage 1 to stage 3 over the 4th of July weekend. The car feels so much smoother and the power is awesome, even on stock fueling. I also averaged 25.6 mpg on my way home from Cincy that weekend. The TA team is awesome and very fast getting your maps to you!

• 2 weeks later...
Just put my TA tune on for the BNR 16G turbo, Grimmspeed EBCS, and Invidia catless DP and WOW what a difference. And this is the low boost turbo break in tune.... :D Mike has been great through this whole process and I look forward to working with him on the revisions!

Which variant of the 16g do you have?

I got tuned a little while back on the evoIII 16g and I feel like the tune left a bit on the table..

Another satisfied customer here! My vf40 needed to be replaced and I found a good deal on a vf52 so I went ahead and went from stage 1 to stage 3 over the 4th of July weekend. The car feels so much smoother and the power is awesome, even on stock fueling. I also averaged 25.6 mpg on my way home from Cincy that weekend. The TA team is awesome and very fast getting your maps to you!

Thanks!!! Woot :cool:

Which variant of the 16g do you have?

I got tuned a little while back on the evoIII 16g and I feel like the tune left a bit on the table..

Time for a TA tune, shoot us a message to get started ;)

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

ANNOUNCEMENT

As per Mike K, we will now no longer be taking in new Open Source etuning customers. Cobb offers a much better tune by giving us access to more tables.

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to make sure, if a long time customer is doing a mechanical upgrade, and then needs a revised tune, will he still help in that case?

Absolutely! We stand behind what we say! This is just for "new customers"

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running my Stage 1 TA tune for a few months now and figured I'd post a few thoughts. I went with TA because of many of the reviews talked about how smooth and reliable the tunes were. I had been on an OTS tune prior. With the 93 octane one the engine felt rough. Even on the 91 octane OTS tune it seemed like there was always play in the DAM, feedback knock or fine knock learn.

My 93 octane TA tune is smooth all the time with barely any play in the feedback knock or FNL and the engine pulls strong. Mike has been very responsive during the revision phase and anytime I had a question. Plus they're local CT! Thanks guys!

Cobb offers a much better tune by giving us access to more tables.

-Brian

I have read this in a few different posts now and had to chime in due to being contacted by previous customers with questions and opinions. I am a true Cobb accessport advocate/Certified Cobb protuner and prefer using ATP in our shop any day over opensource due to many reasons including realtime tuning *which does not play into etuning unfortunately.*

That being said I would be interested if you might be able to explain to your customers what major influential tables are missing in the 05-09 LGT ECU that would make an opensource calibration incomplete or a "lesser" calibration since it seems that's what you are promoting. Please correct me if I'm wrong and just making sure everyone is on the same page.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I have read this in a few different posts now and had to chime in due to being contacted by previous customers with questions and opinions. I am a true Cobb accessport advocate/Certified Cobb protuner and prefer using ATP in our shop any day over opensource due to many reasons including realtime tuning *which does not play into etuning unfortunately.*

That being said I would be interested if you might be able to explain to your customers what major influential tables are missing in the 05-09 LGT ECU that would make an opensource calibration incomplete or a "lesser" calibration since it seems that's what you are promoting. Please correct me if I'm wrong and just making sure everyone is on the same page.

Thanks

Dave

Sure I can go into detail about which tables are missing and why they are extremely important. It is also possible that I don't have the best definitions available for OS, but tracking them down can be a challenge in itself. So forgive me if that is the case, but based on what I have here are my findings. There are benefits on the logging side, as btssm has done some great work and can support custom sensor inputs, being able to log a wideband real-time in the same log is a beautiful thing.

A/F Learning #1 maf airflow limit - This table limits the a/f learning below a specified g/s. If you set CL delays to 0 and the car is fueling lets say 11:1 afr at 100 g/s, the ecu will learn a negative value over time and begin to lean out the high end. This can be very dangerous if learning values are not monitored closely over time.

A/F correction #3 limits - This allows the ecu to make fuel adjustments off of the rear o2 signal for "improved" emissions. This can also sneak up a week after the tune and begin to alter the fueling throughout the entire range. Even with a disconnected rear sensor it is advisable to disable this ability of the ecu as an variance in voltage will potentially alter fueling.

Target throttle angles (idle airflow target) - Some engines require increased throttle opening to return to idle smoothly. They often will dip down to 300-500 rpms when you let of the throttle, then come back to target idle speed. They will often learn to give additional angle over time, but some cars will even stall due to this. It generally is only a problem on big rotated builds with after market intake manifolds.

There are also other less important tables, for example waste gate duty compensation for coolant temp. I may add some more info later, just need to do a few other things at the moment.

~Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure I can go into detail about which tables are missing and why they are extremely important. It is also possible that I don't have the best definitions available for OS, but tracking them down can be a challenge in itself. So forgive me if that is the case, but based on what I have here are my findings. There are benefits on the logging side, as btssm has done some great work and can support custom sensor inputs, being able to log a wideband real-time in the same log is a beautiful thing.

A/F Learning #1 maf airflow limit - This table limits the a/f learning below a specified g/s. If you set CL delays to 0 and the car is fueling lets say 11:1 afr at 100 g/s, the ecu will learn a negative value over time and begin to lean out the high end. This can be very dangerous if learning values are not monitored closely over time.

A/F correction #3 limits - This allows the ecu to make fuel adjustments off of the rear o2 signal for "improved" emissions. This can also sneak up a week after the tune and begin to alter the fueling throughout the entire range. Even with a disconnected rear sensor it is advisable to disable this ability of the ecu as an variance in voltage will potentially alter fueling.

Target throttle angles (idle airflow target) - Some engines require increased throttle opening to return to idle smoothly. They often will dip down to 300-500 rpms when you let of the throttle, then come back to target idle speed. They will often learn to give additional angle over time, but some cars will even stall due to this. It generally is only a problem on big rotated builds with after market intake manifolds.

There are also other less important tables, for example waste gate duty compensation for coolant temp. I may add some more info later, just need to do a few other things at the moment.

~Mike

That's in all the OS maps as well. The AF #1 is trivial to change, the AF #3 takes a little more work to get to:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102162#p102162

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8131

You're correct about the idle airflow throttle target not being commonly defined, however.

There are benefits on the logging side, as btssm has done some great work and can support custom sensor inputs, being able to log a wideband real-time in the same log is a beautiful thing -I would have to check into this as I was not aware of BTSM logging in conjunction to the ap and incorporating the data into the same log. I have used the TGV 0.5V source before to log directly into the ap prior to knowing this so I will have to look into that. The cobb logger is lacking in a lot of areas and have been using a few different log viewers due to that but now I am using megalogger which is amazing, you should check it out if your not using it.

A/F Learning #1 maf airflow limit - This table limits the a/f learning below a specified g/s. If you set CL delays to 0 and the car is fueling lets say 11:1 afr at 100 g/s, the ecu will learn a negative value over time and begin to lean out the high end. This can be very dangerous if learning values are not monitored closely over time. - This is definitely one of the tables I would like to see in the OS software but I strongly rely on a properly scaled maf sensor up to 80-100gps to cure this fact just like the stock maps did. I normally do not see more than about 1-2% correction max on my custom tunes in A/F learning D after doing this and it has worked well for years. As long as its not running excessively lean targets this is not an issue imo

A/F correction #3 limits - This allows the ecu to make fuel adjustments off of the rear o2 signal for "improved" emissions. This can also sneak up a week after the tune and begin to alter the fueling throughout the entire range. Even with a disconnected rear sensor it is advisable to disable this ability of the ecu as an variance in voltage will potentially alter fueling. - This is defined in most ecu's by request from TD of romraider.com, its also something that can be adjusted via your base targets since they normally do not have a lot of range positive or negative from my experience

Target throttle angles (idle airflow target) - Some engines require increased throttle opening to return to idle smoothly. They often will dip down to 300-500 rpms when you let of the throttle, then come back to target idle speed. They will often learn to give additional angle over time, but some cars will even stall due to this. It generally is only a problem on big rotated builds with after market intake manifolds. - I could see where this would and IS helpful with very large builds but most times I would say this is a null point on the LGT platform when E-tuning due to this not being a norm. I never offered speed density E-tuning on cars with large builds such as this and most times would stray away from these type of builds on maf cars via etuning just due to the care it takes to make a car with such a valued build run correctly so I like it to be in my hands

There are also other less important tables, for example waste gate duty compensation for coolant temp. - I normally tell my opensource customers to use commen sense and not romp on the car before coolant temps are warm. Granted its an amazing safety feature but not required imo.

I may add some more info later, just need to do a few other things at the moment. -Thank you for your reply, The only reason I bring this up is due to customer concerns and trying to make sense of the comments I have been reading. As always I do not mean to question your integrity, just want to make sure the customer is well informed as I have no gain in the situation.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.