LegacyGT.com

Who else love's their Tuning Alliance tune ?

Max Capacity

A4? Who owns an A4?

-B

Mike had one for a few years, last I saw it he was replacing the rear wheel bearing That may have been a year or more ago. He had that for a long time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just paid the invoice for my TA stage 2 tune for my 2005 LGT, and I'm more excited than any Christmas I remember! :)

I'll be back soon to update how this weeks down/up/cross pipe + etune install goes.

YAH! :cool::lol:

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my struggle to pull my rom this morning, I learned something I want to share that may help the community.

ECUflash 1.29 worked fine for me...until I updated to windows 10.

Long story short, Version 1.44.4671 works in 64bit windows 10, I just got my rom pulled and sent to Mike @ TA, I installed the 1.44.4671 version on a whim as a last resort before I chalked it up as a loss for today, and BAM, mission accomplished.

I use a vag-com cable, so if any of you run into this problem, try the newer version I listed, it worked well for me first try.

Mike @ TA - any interest in getting your hands on a 5th gen? The guy I used to see left for Texas to work for Cobb. I think you're about the same distance for me as Buffalo, NY where I was going and I like what I've been hearing about safety and reliability being a priority in your tunes.

I have the troublesome Nameless divorced wastegate DP. Not sure if you're following that saga in the 5th gen section, but I'd like to get this thing taken care of. Your attention to detail may help answer some questions.

mike @ ta - any interest in getting your hands on a 5th gen? The guy i used to see left for texas to work for cobb. I think you're about the same distance for me as buffalo, ny where i was going and i like what i've been hearing about safety and reliability being a priority in your tunes.

I have the troublesome nameless divorced wastegate dp. Not sure if you're following that saga in the 5th gen section, but i'd like to get this thing taken care of. Your attention to detail may help answer some questions.

pm sent.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking to get a bit more power out of your Subaru? Went stage 2 and want more? We've got your back! We offer ETUNING for all Subaru applications. The process is fairly simple, and we also offer 6 months of free revisions if needed! This is not just a pre-made map, each tune is custom tailor to your vehicle and needs! Cobb AP or Opensource no problem!! Looking to upgrade later down the road? No problem! We offer discounted rates for that too!!

Stage 1-2 $200

Stage 3+ $250

Message us today to get your ride running healthy again!

FB_IMG_1463569569715.jpg.4d41024b5cd45e7b8bf693306966b824.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An update on my Tuning Alliance Stage 2 Tune:

From the mouth of my better half, "This is how this car should have came from the factory.".

I installed invidia up\down pipes, and a grimspeed crosspipe, I was afraid the crosspipe would get too hot around the oil filter so I engineered a heat shield from the OEM one.

Took me the better part of a day working by myself, mostly because of little things like trimming the turbo heatshield, making the crosspipe shield, and making sure I got every bolt torqued correctly. (I'm a bit OCD and paranoid when it comes to my cars).

I couldn't help but laugh as my father watched me hook up the test connectors and proceed to flash the ecu, as he asked "have you done this before?"

"Welp, I've read but never written".

(He is from the muscle car generation, so anything past bolt ons and engine mods are foreign to him, pun intended)

So the flash went flawless, I was more nervous for those two minutes than the entire days work. Unplugged test connectors, said a short prayer,and turned the key.

I could hear the difference immediately.

Guys, just let me say, that was the best $200 I have ever spent on a car.

I turned my logger on, all looked well, so I proceeded to make my 2hour voyage home, keeping the revs low, as hard as that was.

Flawless, that is the word.

I've driven this same 2hr drive 100 times, and could point out every hill\bump\curve where the car would stumble like it wasn't programmed right.

Not now.

i can FINALLY leave this car in D and forget about what rpm range I'm in, I can forget about being afraid my car will bog at the wrong time.

Mike,

I love you man!

Tomorrow is my birthday, I'll be 36, and I don't even need you guys to send presents now, because I'm quite happy.

I'll pull some logs in a day or so.

If you buy an 05\06 LGT, take my advice, buy the down\uppipes, get Mike to send you a tune, and skip the hassle of being upset at the factory tune.

I took a short drive earlier, can hear the most beautiful spooling sound by 2000rpm.

I fkkn love my TA tune, and you will too.

Mike is the man.

Such a great humble dude who has actual patience. I tell everyone to go there.

He solved a fueling issue I was having for months that no other tuner even had the slightest bit of time to talk with me/help me with and I got a good solid tune from him as a result.

Its been on Mikes tune for over about 18 months now, zero issues, zero drama, zero lights or problems, motor is still strong. I would like to go back for a checkup in the near future to maybe tweak a few things but I could keep driving it with no worry in my mind. Thanks Mike!

Is there any improvement to be had on an 06 2.5i 5mt that's stock? I've read there's not much point in upgrading intake and exhaust, or is that without a tune?

Currently we do not tune 4 cylinder n/a legacys. That being said, no you wont see much of an improvement.

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The honesty is much appreciated! I'm sure there's plenty of unscrupulous types who would take money and do nothing. Hopefully one day I'll move onto the turbo world again and I'll need your services!

Not a problem!!

We do sell parts too! So if you want anything, hit us up more than glad to help out.

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in getting a TA tune, stage 1, but had a question:. I'm overdue for a new set of spark plugs and haven't had the free time to get them installed yet. Should that make a difference in the tune? I haven't noticed any problems with the way the car runs but would hate to get the tune all set just to change something and potentially have to adjust it again. Your thoughts are appreciated!

I'm interested in getting a TA tune, stage 1, but had a question:. I'm overdue for a new set of spark plugs and haven't had the free time to get them installed yet. Should that make a difference in the tune? I haven't noticed any problems with the way the car runs but would hate to get the tune all set just to change something and potentially have to adjust it again. Your thoughts are appreciated!

How many miles on the plugs? 6 months of revisions included if needed. Shoot us a PM with your email, and we'll send over a paypal invoice to get started.

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Put the plugs in. My two cents.

1) you said your overdue.

2) why put good money on a possibly bad platform.

Don't let the quest for power overcome your need to be diligent with maintenance.

:)

PM sent.

I've got a set of NGK plugs ready to install, hoping for this weekend. I had a bad experience with my prior car changing plugs that were working fine solely because the schedule said so. Engine never ran quite as smooth after that.

Edited by CTGT

Not sure Mike wants this out there, but I hate changing plugs on these cars so much, I pay him to do it. Hint, Hint.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not sure Mike wants this out there, but I hate changing plugs on these cars so much, I pay him to do it. Hint, Hint.

Special services to a special member =)

:cool:

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Although word on the street is, TA is looking for potential locations

Starting your own rumors? :lol:

That would be cool. Though im out of the subie scene, I still recommend you guys constantly.