LegacyGT.com

Who else love's their Tuning Alliance tune ?

Max Capacity

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the Spec on it's first long drive today since Mike put a boost controller on and cleaned up the tune. Filled the tank in Springfield MA then drove about 100 miles north to Chester VT, the car was loaded with stuff for the long weekend in VT. When we got off RT91 at exit 6 in VT the dash read 27.3mpg. We set the CC on 71-72mph for most of the way up. Traffic wasn't to bad.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mike has done all of my personal Subaru tuning over the past decade. I love the way the car drives and most importantly...THE CAR HAS STAYED TOGETHER FOR ALMOST 100K. Anyone can claim to get the most power out of a car, but what good is it if it made 5 more HP and has a broken motor and is sitting in the garage...

Mike has done an excellent job on the non cookie cutter tunes like speed density and hybrid maf/speed density tunes like I run on mine. He does not just load in a tune that is 90% there do 2 pulls and call it good enough. He will spend a lot of time to get it correct without cleaning out your wallet.

When comparing most of his dyno numbers under most have been on our stingy-reading Mustang dyno that read approximately 10% lower than competitor dynos in our area.

I would absolutely recommend Mike (Tuning Alliance) based on the years of seeing his work at our shop, as well as my personal vehicles.

^ that's a hell of a recommendation!

I've been trying to tell you guy's that of years. He is that great. He just doesn't have the big shop to go with his talent. That help's keep the overhead lower.

He also can get parts for you too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I had a few followup emails with Mike over the past couple days, and again, am very pleased. His customer service experience is what everyone else should strive to deliver. All my questions and inquiries were treated as material, no matter how trivial they may be!

Mike has done all of my personal Subaru tuning over the past decade. I love the way the car drives and most importantly...THE CAR HAS STAYED TOGETHER FOR ALMOST 100K. Anyone can claim to get the most power out of a car, but what good is it if it made 5 more HP and has a broken motor and is sitting in the garage...

Mike has done an excellent job on the non cookie cutter tunes like speed density and hybrid maf/speed density tunes like I run on mine. He does not just load in a tune that is 90% there do 2 pulls and call it good enough. He will spend a lot of time to get it correct without cleaning out your wallet.

When comparing most of his dyno numbers under most have been on our stingy-reading Mustang dyno that read approximately 10% lower than competitor dynos in our area.

I would absolutely recommend Mike (Tuning Alliance) based on the years of seeing his work at our shop, as well as my personal vehicles.

Thanks Dave & ESP!

ESP is an awesome shop. The only place I would have work on my personal vehicles. I have seen them help lots of customer who were burned by other shops, and got their car running 100%. I have seen them go above and beyond time and time again. Over the years we have built mutual trust and I know if ESP worked on the car, its ready to boost. If not its likely getting a boost leak test... Great rates, great communication. In fact call Dave if you want a Dyno tune from me. It is actually easier to schedule that way.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having been tuned by big names in the past, I was less than satisfied with the overall experiences (some better than others, none lived up to the hype). Because I was never fully happy with a custom tune, I just wanted to stay OTS for simplicity and safety's sake. My previous tunes, while they felt decent at first, degraded quickly. Not only that, they were incomplete. WOT dyno numbers were what mattered, and there was no road tune, no part-throttle refinement, and no attention to daily cruising. There was also very little communication between tuner and owner. I can't recall any of them asking about my driving habits, or sharing knowledge forthright.

The reason I now know that those tunes were sub-par, rushed, and overpriced, is because I just finished my first Tuning Alliance session. This much was clear before he even got to work on the car: Mike has vast knowledge on all aspects of tuning (as any great tuner should), but what separates him is the ability and willingness to communicate that information at the right level to owners. With this knowledge base, thorough refinement, and a laser engineer's attention to detail (literally his day job), the tune that Mike put down through a series of multiple road runs, including just about every driving condition and load scenario, is by far the best I've experienced on any Subaru. The car is now exponentially better than I thought it could be. I can't recommend Tuning Alliance enough, and look forward to continuing the relationship!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Mike has vast knowledge on all aspects of tuning (as any great tuner should), but what separates him is the ability and willingness to communicate that information at the right level to owners.

This, 100x this. I was most impressed and satisfied with Mike's willingness to explain what he was doing, why he was doing it, etc., before, during and after the tune (through e-mail discussing revisions). He was perfectly fine dealing with my insatiable curiosity, especially considering how much of an annoying noob I am with regards to tuning/automotive tech. :lol:

Told ya, latent! :)

+100 :cool:.

I give Mike @ Tuning Alliance, Amsoil & my maintenance OCD. The reason I can still push my 10yr. old LGT, 18.5 psi of boost & hit 7300 red line multiple times a day. With the mileage I have on it.:cool:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Mike sent me a update to the Map he made a couple weeks back. I really didn't drive the car much on the other Map but took the Spec B for a test ride the other evening after loading the new Map. Wow, and that was only in 1st and 2nd gear. Took the Spec to VT after work on Friday, filled the tank in Springfield MA after the drive up and back to Tolland, the dash MPG read 26.1

I was doing 70-74mph most of the time, except for the 23 miles (one way) on the state road 103 in VT, there it's mostly 55-60mph.

May be I'm finally showing my age, I enjoyed the nice ride of the Spec B, the wagon is a little rough around the edges, ride wise, and noise, that and the GF's new Outback 3.6R is a nice ride.

I am on my initial MAP with boost set low to get a base line. I'm excited to go through the process.

Cobb Up Pipe| Cobb Down pipe | Grimspeed TMIC | JMP VF 40 | DW65 | Stock injectors | One Step colder plugs | Cobb EBCS | Cobb AP V2

I am on my initial MAP with boost set low to get a base line. I'm excited to go through the process.

Cobb Up Pipe| Cobb Down pipe | Grimspeed TMIC | JMP VF 40 | DW65 | Stock injectors | One Step colder plugs | Cobb EBCS | Cobb AP V2

Revision sent last night.;)

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love my tune from Michael. He's responsive to e-mails and answers all my questions. Great customer service, and the tune is nice and smooth. He's also good about checking your logs. Very cool guy to deal with.

Thank you much!

I hope everyone has a great Holiday! :wub::wub:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Had to stop by Mikes house last night. I tried to up load a new map he sent me but was having trouble doing it.

Any way's before he left work, he told me a good time to swing by. He found that the map he sent me didn't load from my PC. He up loaded it and we updated the wagon in a few minutes.

Awesome service.

Just have to say again how nicely the wagon runs. Just give a little bit of throttle and you can feel it push you back in the seat, quick throttle response. It will also be very happy on CC at 62mph in the right hand lane driving to work in early morning.

Edited by Max Capacity

• 1 month later...

Bump to the top.

And I had a front O2 sensor CEL the other morning driving to work. In CC doing 62mph it dropped out of CC and the CEL came on. I thought for a few seconds, oh yea, must be the front O2 sensor. Finished driving to work. Plug in the Cobb AP, yep, P0031. searched on line found my local NAPA didn't have one but Advance did. Picked it up on the way home. Changed it out. Cars happy again.

Back to VT after work today, like every winter weekend.

Oh, have I said recently how much fun this thing to drive...;)

Thanks Mike.

Mike is the man! Tuning Alliance has been so helpful and has the best customer service even when I'm asking dumb noob questions so I can learn. They have gone out of their way to help me get the parts that I needed from various vendors in a timely manner and with great prices too! I feel like he's my neighbor?? (even though he's not). Easy to contact, whenever. Has sent me updates to my tune when I was having overboosting issues and now I don't have any (21 psi at 6k somehow?) I mean that's just the customer relations aspect of Tuning Alliance.

On top of that, He tuned my VF52 Legacy GT Wagon 5spd. I had to drive down from NH for to be tuned on the dyno at ESP, but I couldn't be happier with the outcome of the tune. I never thought I'd be putting down 278awhp/284awtq in the wagon so smoothly. Tuning alliance made my first tuning experience easy and he was patient and very knowledgeable (too knowledgeable?? maybe he is an alien??). I learned a ton as we were using my car to compare the GS intake vs stock intake w/ K&N panel filter vs stock intake stock filter.

Looking forward to more time with Tuning Alliance as I plan to get a GS TMIC, kiwinuga 14.7psi spring wastegate actuator, GS EBCS, dw65c, dw850cc, fortune auto 500 coilovers, other miscellaneous suspension bits and dyno'd again to see what this IHI VF52 has to offer.

Peace and love.

I can not say enough about Mike's availability and exceptional customer service. It's also great to see TA really start to take off and grow, just a great bunch of guys to be around!

Mike just retuned my car two weeks ago after a Turbo and injector upgrade, which resulted in a considerable bump in hp and tq.

Numbers aside, the smoothness in which the power is delivered really makes the car a pleasure to drive. When this thing spools up and hits, it hits hard!! Nothing better than being thrown back into you seat and hanging on.

This is my second year working with Mike and I couldn't be happier. Good power, safe and reliable tune.

Yeah, I'm a proud member of the Tuning Alliance Crew.