LegacyGT.com

Who else love's their Tuning Alliance tune ?

Max Capacity

Never met him in person but the customer service and support is great. Definitely a stand up guy. My car's been running pretty well since my tune. I am hoping to take it to get a road tune sometime soon. I'd definitely recommend this tuner.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running my TA tune for a couple weeks now, and couldn't be happier! Original post below talks about my initial impressions and results. Since then, I've had some e-mails back-and-forth with Mike to dial in the tune with daily-driving observations as well as the changing weather. He's always quick to respond with a new map/suggestions (within a day or two).

http://i.imgur.com/4f37NXb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aXy4ovE.png

http://i.imgur.com/T3DEzkm.png

http://i.imgur.com/5F13kFK.png

Here's the dyno sheets! Since I've been driving it around in the past day or two, I developed a small boost leak (TMIC to throttle body hose) which I hope to fix by replacing the coupler (just ordered a Mishimoto replacement hose). After re-clamping the hose down, I think the leak is mostly gone, but the hose is just barely on. Logged 20+ psi of boost today a couple times :spin:

Just want to give a huge thanks to Mike and the guys at ESP. I was having a massive PITA trying to get my Perrin TMIC installed Friday night after work. Spent probably 2+ hrs trying to get it to mount. Eventually I gave up, and showed up Saturday morning with the stock TMIC installed. While Mike was tuning another car, Dave from ESP asked if I wanted to try and get the Perrin TMIC installed while I waited. Eventually, two or three of the ESP guys and I managed to get it mounted. Once I got on the dyno, Mike sealed up some other small boost leaks that he found. I wasn't expecting any shop to go out of their way to help a customer out in this sort of way... I figure the burden of getting the car in proper shape to tune is up to the owner, not the tuner. Needless to say, I was impressed with the service. Plus, all the guys were great to just hang out with.

As for the tune, I originally was going to go with Bren because that's the loudest name I hear. When I e-mailed them originally, I was told that they only give locked maps because it's "no good for us or you" to mess with it. :rolleyes:

Especially considering their price, that was an instant turn-off for me (plus, they're not available weekends, meaning I'd have to take a day off of work). I saw plenty of posts from Max Capacity selling Mike's services, so I shot him an e-mail and asked the same things. Mike right away said he normally gives locked tunes, but has no problem giving an unlocked one since he has nothing to hide (which is a big factor for me, being an eternal tinkerer). Through the tuning process, it's clear Mike spends the extra time to get a solid, reliable tune, with a focus on drivability along with max torque/power. He's also very open to chat with in case you're interested in learning or have any questions about what/why he's doing exactly what he's doing.

tl;dr, if you're in the New England area and are looking for a tune/install shop, you should get in touch with Tuning Alliance and ESP.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd bump this back to the top.

Today's story, after following traffic at 5:50AM going west bound on rt291, yea, I couldn't believe there was that much traffic either it is Saturday morning.

When they slowed to 40mph taking the big sweeping ramp to rt91 north, I was about the 7th car back in line. By the time I got to where I could even attempt to pull left and use all 3 lanes of rt91 we were going about 55mph. I dropped it into 4th and go WOT. Before I finished blowing by the cars I was in 5th doing 115mph.

I kept it there for a mile or so, 91 had no traffic on it, I actually didn't pass another car until will after I slowed to normal speeds. When I was still doing 75-80 someone passed in a older camry.

The car is so much fun to drive.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Love you story Max, but be careful you don"t end up like this guy.

Davis, 42, has been sentenced to 28 in months in jail for reckless driving

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2015/11/7/Driving-192-MPH-On-Public-Roads-Got-This-Man-A-Major-Prison-Sentence-7730272/

I'm no saint, I just don't admit or take videos of my daily drives :eek:;).

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

@ MaxCapacity - Do I see you passing me in the mornings, if I'm running late, around five after seven in the morning? I always pass a wagon that sounds rowdy & there's not many other LGTs in T-Town... My car's very black... I always see the wagon in question right in the center of town.

& Mike's done alot to help me sort stuff out with my car, he is quite knowledgable. Once I get my struts rebuilt, we can go have a run out on 384, then he can tune it again, then we can have another go... mwahahahahahahahahhaa.....! I'm ok.

Edited by AllBlackEverything

@ MaxCapacity - Do I see you passing me in the mornings, if I'm running late, around five after seven in the morning? I always pass a wagon that sounds rowdy & there's not many other LGTs in T-Town... My car's very black... I always see the wagon in question right in the center of town.

& Mike's done alot to help me sort stuff out with my car, he is quite knowledgable. Once I get my struts rebuilt, we can go have a run out on 384, then he can tune it again, then we can have another go... mwahahahahahahahahhaa.....! I'm ok.

I'm at work by 6:50AM.

I do recall seeing a car like yours a few weeks back around town.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

So, I was tuned by Mike today, as was my buddy with a very similar build. HIGHLY recommended.

Mike's thoroughness was unprecedented. I've never seen someone take such care and attention to a tuning effort. We kept going, until we got every detail absolutely perfect. The driveability feels amazing. The car is as smooth as butter and the power is... useable, for better lack of words. His explanations were very clear and detailed, and you can tell that he cares about your car.

I've been tuned by three other tuners, and this is so far, my favorite. We road tuned with a wideband, so I'm not sure what the 'number' was, nor do I care. It feels just as powerful as my prior tune, but with no quirks. Im not here to talk trash about any of my prior tunes, as I believe tunes are subjective, but this tune is what I've been searching for. I've been on a quest for what I feel a perfect tune should feel like for a while... I didn't think I could have the best of both worlds (power and smoothness), until today.

I'll go on to add, that the customer service was also outstanding. From prior phone calls and emails, to the actual event. Communication was clear and open, and Mike is very easy going. You get the sense that he's a good dude, in addition to a solid tuner. He even showed me a quick and easy boost leak test!

So... if you're thinking about it - make it happen. He has my recommendation.

On Max's recommendation when I joined this forum I had Mike tune my car. 4 years later I've never had a single issue and the car runs great. I was also very pleased with the work ESP did. I plan on doing fueling mods next spring but unfortunately I'm not in New England anymore.

So, I was tuned by Mike today, as was my buddy with a very similar build. HIGHLY recommended.

Mike's thoroughness was unprecedented. I've never seen someone take such care and attention to a tuning effort. We kept going, until we got every detail absolutely perfect. The driveability feels amazing. The car is as smooth as butter and the power is... useable, for better lack of words. His explanations were very clear and detailed, and you can tell that he cares about your car.

I've been tuned by three other tuners, and this is so far, my favorite. We road tuned with a wideband, so I'm not sure what the 'number' was, nor do I care. It feels just as powerful as my prior tune, but with no quirks. Im not here to talk trash about any of my prior tunes, as I believe tunes are subjective, but this tune is what I've been searching for. I've been on a quest for what I feel a perfect tune should feel like for a while... I didn't think I could have the best of both worlds (power and smoothness), until today.

I'll go on to add, that the customer service was also outstanding. From prior phone calls and emails, to the actual event. Communication was clear and open, and Mike is very easy going. You get the sense that he's a good dude, in addition to a solid tuner. He even showed me a quick and easy boost leak test!

So... if you're thinking about it - make it happen. He has my recommendation.

Glad to hear everything worked out great for you. Mike really is a good dude!

Btw, beautiful car man!

I'm the other car jasejase referred to earlier who had the absolute pleasure to work with Mike at Tuning Alliance today. We started mid morning and Mike took the time to really address all of my drivability concerns. I've never had a tuner spend the time that he did to get it "right". I've also been tuned by three other tuners over the last 4 years and while everyone got the job done this tune takes honors of being the most refined. I don't mean just a "little" more refined I mean an order of magnitude more refined. Those quirky hesitations that our 4th gen cars have are pretty much gone now. The power comes extremely smooth and pulls the whole way. I've had a tune or two that pull hard and then fall off the table and Mike's certainly doesn't do that.

Mike prices himself at a very reasonable rate and as a result jasejase and I decided to try something new in the quest for the tune that best suited us. I know I've come away extremely satisfied and you can just tell that Mike truly wants you to be happy.

Have you ever gotten a tune from a tuner where later that night you inbox lights up and says "Hey Jeff I did some extra smoothing and made some more tweaks!"

Now that's customer service!!! Book your tune now - worth every penny!

I'm hoping to say silky smooooooth too. :D The tune that my LGT came with stumbles a bit in part throttle situations.

Mike can fix that.

Silky smoooooth, it is.