LegacyGT.com

Single muffler 3 inch catback system

PLTek

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not disuting 02BlueFirehawk's claim of getting better times with a single 3" straight (as opposed to 2 x 2.5" which HAS a greater cross-sectional area). Me, I'm just trying to understand what happened. ie. Could the Y-neck be introducing a restriction? It could if it's shaped more like a T than a Y. Perhaps the two mufflers are causing the restriction. Etc.

hello everyone,

My goal first is to bring high quality unique products to the Legacy GT community.

No one out there makes a single muffler exhaust system for USDM Legacy GT as of now.

This exhaust is not for everyone but i hope to make some people who like to live a little on the edge appreciate it.

This exhaust is an exact replica of improved WRX/STI system. It will definitely flow a lot more than the restrictive, not too appealing stock Legacy exhaust. Its 3 inches all the way from the beginning until the end.

Stock exhaust looks like it had 0 thought behind it in terms of design in my opinion.

In a while, we plan on having a few different tip options, oval is not an issue but dual tip we will try to bring in as well.

Here is what the prices will look like:

--Flow 3 inch single Muffler exhaust, 849USD + shipping

--add Flow shorty DP for complete TBE exhaust, 1089 + shipping

All necessary gaskets will be included with this set up.

Best Regards,

Peter Sz

PLtek,llc

http://www.pltek.net

beta: http://www.pltek.net/catalog

You had me until the price was released :(

I'm sure it will be a quality part akin to your current FLOW offerings ... however I would much rather pick up the Greddy Evo2 exhaust with dual tips for about $100-$125 less.

Glad to see new products coming out however :)

HMMM,

Greddy evo2 lists at 1080USD so that 200USD more for a robot made, commodity product so if it is sold for less than 899USD, that only confirms that its a commodity product, Pretty sure that its not made in Japan.

This exhaust is made locally, hand tig welded, to the highest standards.

Drift Monkey, thank you, i might need it judging by the posts.

We'll see. I am excited for something NEW !!!

PS

PLTek,llc

HMMM,

Greddy evo2 lists at 1080USD so that 200USD more for a robot made, commodity product so if it is sold for less than 899USD, that only confirms that its a commodity product, Pretty sure that its not made in Japan.

This exhaust is made locally, hand tig welded, to the highest standards.

Drift Monkey, thank you, i might need it judging by the posts.

We'll see. I am excited for something NEW !!!

PS

PLTek,llc

The only reason I would consider going single exit was purely for the potential price difference. I was hoping your single exit exhaust system would run in the 500-600 range which by all means it should. Robot made or hand made, if the Greddy system is making decent power (it's just a catback) and I can find it for $100-$200 less than your single exit ... then I and I'm sure others will be going that route instead. Money talks, that's what it boils down to.

:( ... well, I hope the price isn't final. I know a bit about production and as much as I'd like our vendors to profit, I'm working on a tight budget as well, that's why I perked up when someone mentioned single muffler exhaust.

Peter, the price is IMO way too high. I think this will push away potential buyers.

I can have a local shop fab a very similar setup for close to half of what you are looking to get for these. I like other was expecting a price of 5-600 given the materials and labor invested.

illt3ck--again, our goal is to bring a new, highest quality, unique system to the Legacy GT owners. If your primary criteria is price then i understand. At the same time just because this is a single muffler system it doesnt mean that it automatically has to cost less than a dual system. Look at Borla dual muffler catback system, I sell it for 749 shipped and look at the AVO catback that sells for 1350+ shipping almost twice as much. Again, our goal here is to present a choice to you and ultimaltely it is your money so you can spend it as you please.

richip--between the price of muffler, resonator, tip, all the 3 inch custom madrel bending, flanges, gaskets, bolts, labor time of the best hand tig welder i know and shipping from Canada, there is not as much profit in the system as you think. If I was to send the prototype to China and have 30 systems copied and sent back to me I might sent couple of hunderd bucks. This is not worth it to me. I would rather sell this system made locally.

Would it make a difference if I said that the system was made by Lachute Performance?

We will post this in vendor classified in the next few days.

If I can get 5+ people to commit to catback or turboback system, we might be able to squeeze a littlebit more off the price in favor of volume.

In the meantime, feel free to leave more feedback or contact us.

Best Regards

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

Would it make a difference if I said that the system was made by Lachute Performance?

To me it would, ;). I've heard nothing but good things about Lachute. Anyway, I'm keeping track of this thread to see where things go.

The only reason I would consider going single exit was purely for the potential price difference. I was hoping your single exit exhaust system would run in the 500-600 range which by all means it should. Robot made or hand made, if the Greddy system is making decent power (it's just a catback) and I can find it for $100-$200 less than your single exit ... then I and I'm sure others will be going that route instead. Money talks, that's what it boils down to.

I have the Greddy Evo2 (a bit too loud for my taste) and its welds, robot or not, are excellent for $800 shipped including gaskets and hardware. To have an option of a less expensive catback along the lines of our WRX/STi brethren would be fantastic. They have lots of choices for a full catback in the $450 - $650 range.

A vendor should charge what they feel is indicative of the quality of their product and what the market will bear. However, I hope someone will see that there is a market for a single catback and can offer pricing that is close to that of our other Subaru kin.

Hi everyone,

I just want to stress again that the pricing I will be offering is not a result of me wanting to make a killer profit, rather a result or reality: of cost of parts, labor, shipping, making it locally and not being a multi-million $ company like Greddy.

I will make just enough money to pay the bills and hopefully help few people who will apreciate this unique system. I think that many people here know that this business is my passion and I love to help out.

Time will tell if other giants like Greddy, Blitz, Borla, or others will decide whether to come out with single muffler system.

Until then, if anyone is interested, let me know so I can get the ball rolling and see if anymore can be shaved off the cost or something like hangers can be added to add more value

Best Regards

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

until someone proves otherwise, I see no advantage to going with a single pipe, or, for that matter, even replacing the stock Y pipe.

AVO has shown that the factory Y is restrictive. In fact, with proper tuning, replacing it with a properly designed Y made 12-15HP on the 2.0 twinscroll. Not sure how that translates to the USDM car, but I can honestly say I felt a difference on my car. I did mufflers first on the stock y-pipe - no difference (except louder). I put the y-pipe in the next day and felt a seat-of-the pants difference. Putting the stock cans on the AVO y-pipe didn't result in a loss of power that I could feel.

PGT - 12-15 wHP, or crank? Thanks for the double-check. :)

----

While I have no interest in this particular exhaust (aesthetics), here's my most humble opinion, for what it's worth.....

Peter has shown himself to be an *excellent* supporter of our community here on LGT.com. This is the general consensus overall, and is my personal take, too, from having exchanged some half-dozen e-mails with him without even having bought anything from him.

I, too, feel as with brother RADON that the retailer should charge a price that they believe to reflect the true quality of the product - if this price is high, then so be it. Whomever makes the purchase, though, should immediately see that the product's "worth every penny" once they get the item in-hand. Certainly, we've seen other products, such as the Perrin CBE, give us sticker-shock, but when those who've made the plunge have received such products, they all come back to the Forums here with a huge grin on their face.

Certainly, this offering from Peter is along the high-end of CBE or TBEs out today. Not unreasonable, but high - and definitely so as there's "only one pipe." But the truth of the matter is that if the engineering is there, and if the quality of the product manufacture is there, then what one -as an enthusiast- has to ask is: "what's it worth, to me."

Can I do a few Ramen meals?

Should I sell-off some pieces of my other-hobby collection?

Can I plea-bargain with the wifey?

I, too, am a real person, working within a real budget, with all the constraints that being a "family guy" has associated with it. I saved for about 4 months, and sold-off a very, very desireable piece of "big-boy toy" collectible before I was able to afford the transition to an UP/DP/intake + ECUTek custom dyno-tune.

Peter has shown repeatedly that him and his business, PLtek, are ardent supporters of our community, and have offered us some of the best prices around (just see how many hits/recommendations you get for PLtek if you searched up "where to buy AP"), I truly believe that he's not looking to gouge any of us on this, and that he's bringing this product to us at a price that's reflective of his typical cost-profit margin, as well as is reflective of what the market - albeit a small portion of it - may support.

I don't think that this should be a cost-cutting product. Instead, I see this product as being targeted for a very specific segment of the market...for those who are after significant performance increases and either wouldn't mind the single-exit exhaust or are specifically choosing to "go assymetric" with your aesthetics.

Perhaps PLtek should introduce, much as AVO has in the past, a lower-cost option based on slightly lesser materials, etc., for those who are seeking more of a bargain-basement pricing?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

good Q - I would assume at the wheels due to the fact they were tuning the car. Take a close look at the factory y-pipe - aside from the fact that it's small pipe to begin with, the bends are crimped. There were some pics posted awhile back, showing the factory piece against the AVO or Stromung. One thing I will note about the AVO - the two rear pipes are inset into the single at the Y - I would rather see it the other way. Seems like a bit of flow is lost, though at that juncture it may not matter. Going with a single pipe like Peter is offering is the best solution as far as performance...no splits to cause turbulence. ;)

I have a EVO2 catback (750 Shipped), if you could find a donor EVO2 catback to compare to yours it may payoff for you;) (try them on a Dyno) It would be very interesting to see which exhaust actually gives better gains. After purchasing several items from you, I know you are very customer oriented & you offer VERY competitive prices.

We appreciate your hard work Peter:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

i installed the the exhaust on my car last night and drove around a bit. (should have taken pics, its HUGE, 3 inches ALL THE WAY)

Its definitely louder than your usual muffler replacement but I am hoping that it will become more subtle with time.

Its really a piece of art, even as a prototype. Scans007 can attest to it. I hope to have some more pics and a sound clip soming up.

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

man this is totally what i was looking for.

I was planning on going with a custom single 3" exhaust too but coming out the right side. Reason for this is because i was talking to some drivers at the track and they recommended me to get it on the right side because its better for weight distribution, how much difference the exhaust makes i do not know.

Looks good, i may just buy this in the future.

Let me know when you are ready, the exhaust is great, it definitely adds power, i just took it off and put the AVO cans back on and the drop is quite noticeable.

It is a bit loud but for track use, perfect (:

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

Archived