LegacyGT.com

5EAT Only Sport Light Flashing..?

MTBwrench

Well, I just dropped my new engine in... as I was driving, I put it into sport mode, and the sport light started rapidly flashing(ONLY the sport light). Manual mode still works, auto mode still works, and there are no codes. I've driven maybe three blocks, as I don't want to ruin anything. There seems to be a weird noise coming from the trans in manual mode, when in first gear. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak. I'm clueless as to what to do!

....having a mild heart attack.

EDIT: I just realized I also have no headlights/fogs/reverse lights. But I have taillights, signals, and parking lights.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Alright.. well after a few restarts the sport light no longer flashes, however it's still exhibiting weird behavior. When driving in normal drive everything is fine. Under faster acceleration, and in sport mode(under any condition/load) it still makes that noise. It sounds like and exhaust leak or weird metal noise.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

• 3 years later...

@MTBwrench what did you end up doing to solve this issue? I’m having the same problem and I would love to avoid going to the dealership

EDIT: I just realized I also have no headlights/fogs/reverse lights. But I have taillights, signals, and parking lights.

I made the same link that the headlights problem was related to the transmission issue and realized I am actually popping the headlight fuse anytime I shift into/past Reverse... ugh

Archived