LegacyGT.com

Subaru Transmission

I need some help here folks. I have a 2002 Subaru Outback that my wife bought for my stepson. He drove it home and then proceeded to drive it for around a month. This whole time he was watching Youtube and getting "ideas". This would not have been a bad thing if he had even tried to learn how to do basic things with a wrench. Regardless of that, the car now has a busted tranny. When I say busted I mean the bellhousing and front diff case are cracked from the Right side CV joint to the top of the Hogshead. I also just found some cracking on the Left side of the tranny case back by the pan. This all happened while he was "just driving it down the road". My question, after this long rant is this I have a tranny code that is TZ1A4ZCDBA-RM in the car, I have available to me, a transmission out of a 98 Forrester with tranny codeTZ1A3C2AA-P8. Can I make this work by changing out the TCM or do I need to keep looking for the exact tranny code that is in the car? Please Please Please. I need some help because I am tired of seeing this car sit in my driveway.

Ha that stepson of yours cracked the case on the 4EAT:eek: Well given that life fail :lol: you could swap the TCM and trans from that forester but your ECU may not like the I/O it provides. If possible you should try to match the codes up to avoid any unknown issues.

Also that may be a different Final Drive than the OB which would mean a swap in rearend and drive shaft potentially.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...