LegacyGT.com

USDM Spec-B Suspension news

Boulderguy

I've been talking to a lot of dealers about LGT suspension in the last few weeks, factory & aftermarket, and have gotten some interesting info I thought I'd share.

Bilstein is rumored to be producing a run of shocks for the US LGT market, to be available thru the Subaru dealerships. This info from a dealer who expects to see them at SEMA in the next few weeks. Had an aftermarket guy tell me to expect the price to be as much as $700 per corner (not putting much faith in that one).

Prodrive is rumored to be showing a new shock/spring combo (not a coilover) available roughly by Dec '05 or Jan, '06. Cost expected to be around $200-250 per corner. This info from an aftermarket guy. Same guy says Bilstein will also debut a scaled down PSS9 coilover, or something similiar, for the LGT around $1500 at the same time.

Has anyone heard about this, or able to confirm?

700$ per corner???

That had better include stainless lines, brembo calipers, hawk HPS brake pads, slotted 2-peice floating rotors, Thicker anti-roll bars, strut braces, under-body braces, Aluminum control arms, urethane bushings, AND 5x114.3 hubs.

yeah, that's an exaggeration, but jeez, 700 per corner is HIGH.

I wonder what all that stuff I listed, including some of the prodrive or scaled-down PSS9 coilovers, and BBS forged 18" rims, and commensurate tires would cost, in a per-corner equation. $1750? $2k? That'd make for a helluva car, though.

Bilstein is rumored to be producing a run of shocks for the US LGT market, to be available thru the Subaru dealerships. This info from a dealer who expects to see them at SEMA in the next few weeks. Had an aftermarket guy tell me to expect the price to be as much as $700 per corner (not putting much faith in that one).

I can't believe the price will be that high. With springs, that would cost as much as getting the STi Bilstein coilover setup (which is a very pricey setup itself).

Prodrive is rumored to be showing a new shock/spring combo (not a coilover) available roughly by Dec '05 or Jan, '06. Cost expected to be around $200-250 per corner.

Add about ~12 months from any date Prodrive provides for the more realistic timeframe. :p

-Mike-

700$ per corner???

That had better include stainless lines, brembo calipers, hawk HPS brake pads, slotted 2-peice floating rotors, Thicker anti-roll bars, strut braces, under-body braces, Aluminum control arms, urethane bushings, AND 5x114.3 hubs.

I just love the way u think........

Ada///M.

There are the STI pinks + Tokico shock combo, but it's around $1200. I just ordered the Tokicos with Swift springs, we'll see how it turns out.

From where? AVO?

WIll our top hats work?

Please keep us informed, we desperately need a review for those things. I haven't found anybody with them yet.

Do you need to get JDM top hats for the Tokikos?

Yes, from AVO, and yes, you need the JDM top hats - we think. I ordered them anyway, if I don't need them I'll just pawn 'em off on you... :D

I'll update this thread when I know for sure.

About the Tokicos - I understand they have longevity issues & therefore I'm not real fired up about them. At this point I'm thinking I'll get a couple years out of em, hopefully find a better option by then, and CHEAPER!

Archived